Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Town and Country upgrade stereo with auxiliary cable adapter

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Default 2006 Town and Country upgrade stereo with auxiliary cable adapter

I want to upgrade my 2006 town and country stock radio head with an auxiliary cable, so I can play MP3s from my android phone.

I have previously bought and installed a kit like this Amazon.com : Moonet 3.5mm Audio Input Auxillary Aux Adapter Integration OEM Factory Stereo Radio For Toyota 4Runner Avalon Camry Celica Corolla Yaris FJ Cruiser Highlander Landcruiser Matrix MR2 Tacoma Tundra Venza Vitz : MP3 Players & Accessories

I can't find anything similar. All I find was ipod/iphone specific, and much more expensive.

Does anybody know of any product like this, or a different solution for me to install an aux cable?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:28 AM

Hi there,

I've not investigated much on the newer models (Mine is the 2005 MK4 gv) but I suspect the problem is the same with them all. The audio system in use is quite sophisticated and uses the CAN-BUS system for communication, this restricts what aftermarket kit you can install and use.
(For example, you can't simply splice in and inject audio into the speaker wires as there is an amplifier hidden elsewhere in the bodywork that appears to take digital inputs rather than analogue)

So to do what you want, feed a 3rd party audio source into the system, you'd probably have to bite the bullet and purchase one of the aux input units which will emulate the CD/DVD changer and feed audio in that way, or go with an external FM transmitter and feed it in like that (not as neat and perfect, but I've gone with this option and it works remarkably well)

NOTE: Beware when you buy, make sure it is 100% matched to your model vehicle, there are some subtle differences in the models and it makes a difference.

Good luck, and do post back with the option and hardware you use so we can take a look as I'm trying to build up a decent library of units that work and are compatible.