Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2007 TC Drivers Door RAP wire Location- Purple or- Wiring diagram

Old 01-08-2018, 07:57 AM
Default 2007 TC Drivers Door RAP wire Location- Purple or- Wiring diagram

Hello,

New to the forum maybe someone can help.

I'm in the process of installing a remote start on a 2007 TC. It calls for tapping into the Door RAP wire (Retain Accessory Power) connection. Essentially this is what signals your accessories such as the radio to power off after you open the door after shutting off of the vehicle...i.e. the radio will keep playing and the cabin lights come on after you shut off the vehicle...when the door is opened it triggers the power to the accessories to shut off. The guidance on the install shows that there should be a solid purple wire behind the drivers side kick panel on the lower left inside of the vehicle however I can't find it in the bundle. I have found it outside the vehicle going from the drivers door through the harness connector to a connector just below the bottom hinge and into the left front fender well. However, I can't find where it enters the inside of the vehicle which I would presume should make it's way into the underdash area?

There is an access panel in the outside LF wheel well area just behind the LF tire (which I find odd, but it's there given road splatter to that area, poor design if you ask me....) and when removed (slides up and comes out) reveals a bundle of wires that work their way up the fender cavity. But I still don't see where they enter the vehicle.... Any ideas on where this purple Door RAP wire might be accessible inside the vehicle? It's essentially connected to the drivers door latch within the door itself and makes it's way into the vehicle to somewhere to tell the vehicle to shutdown accessory power when the door opens...so If I could fiind where it goes to that would be helpful as well and I could tap into it there... Or any guidance on where to find the wiring diagrams for this year TC? 2007 Touring model 3.8L

Appreciate any input.

Regards,