Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 T&C auto start problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Default 2008 T&C auto start problem

When I use my remote starter, the fan on the heater works and the speed is adjustable but there is no air coming out of any of the vents. I have tried switching between floor, dash, combination, defrost, etc. and no air comes out. If I start the vehicle with the key, everything works fine. Any thoughts what my problem is? Thanks

Old 01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

there is a software update for the AC control head visit the dealer for the update
NUMBER: 24-004-08 REV. A
GROUP: Heating & Air
Conditioning
DATE: February 29, 2008
SUBJECT:
Flash: Intermittent Mode Door Function - 3 Zone ATC
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience an intermittent condition where the air flow from the
HVAC vents do not match their selection on the HVAC control. Pushing the “mode” button
on the control head will provide a correct visual indication on the display but the airflow will
not match. This may be described as the system is non responsive or locked. They may
also indicate that the system works normally the next time the vehicle is started.
This may be caused by a low battery voltage condition during a “Remote Start” event.
Subsequent vehicle starts (after allowing the bus to go to sleep) will resume normal system
operation.
DIAGNOSIS:
Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN®) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all ATC systems are functioning as designed. If DTC's are present
record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this
bulletin.
If the vehicle operator describes the Symptom/Condition and / or it can be verified, perform
the Repair Procedure.
**PARTS REQUIRED**:
Qty. Part No. Description
AR (1) 55111807AH Control Head, HVAC
NOTE: Replacement only required if flash
reprogramming event cannot be
completed

Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Default Thanks CTech

Thanks ChryslerTech,
this very thing happened to me yesterday. I notice it is only intermittent. Will the computer store a code? I don't want to have a "could not reproduce" report at the shop.

Here's another one: the same day, on a different remote start, the am/fm radio would not work, no presets, no direct tune, nothing. Satellite worked, HDD worked, everything but am/fm. Later on it worked fine; is this related?

Last edited by Gebco; 01-16-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: further question
Old 01-18-2011, 11:11 PM

I had my battery checked and it is ok. So does that mean I need to take it to a dealer and have the computer checked?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

the dealer has to update the software in the control head