Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2009 T&C Limited questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Default 2009 T&C Limited questions

I just recently purchased a 2009 T&C Limited and have a few questions.

1) There isn't a warning beep when opening the rear liftgate. Any idea on how to turn on the beep? There doesn't appear to be an option in my personal settings.

2) In the navigation system - how do I change my default state from MI? I don't live in MI and every time I enter a new destination, I have to change the state.

TIA for any advice/help!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Not to be a jerk but have you read the manual about your concerns? Have you heard the beep on other 09's? Maybe they did away with it? Have you asked the dealer about the beep?

Default state? Doesn't it know here you are at all times? What si Chrysler do w/ the new generation NAV's I have never heard of a default state setting in my 05 or any Garmin products I have used.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM

My wife's 07 Aspen Nav (REC) is that way also. I don't have it in front of me but you are correct, you have to specify what state to search or enter addresses in. Kind of frustrating if you are on a long trip and need to look for places along the way, but my guess is that it is set up that way so that the search time is quick (only needs to search the state as opposed to the country). The REC knows where you are, you just need to change that state to search. Anyway, I believe it is in the destination entry menu, under address. Just remember you cannot change it while driving, must be stopped to get that deep in the menu.

As far as the beep, I assume you are looking for a beep when the hatch is opened either with the key fob or the button inside, not manually. The Aspen beeps with the fob or button only.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 PM

There's a way to set up the default state, it's in the manual, I think in the setup menu, check the book though, or try here
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/
You can also download your owners manual onto your computer from the Chrysler's owners site, and jsut read about your vehicle on your computer, I find it very handy, better then having to go and get the book out of the car all the time.
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

Last edited by hardtop; 05-07-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:48 AM

Thanks for the reply's. I have since figured out how to change the default state. It was buried system setup. I too felt the nav should know where I am. After all, isn't that what a nav is for?!

Still working on the beep issue. I find nothing at all about it in the manual. In my opinion, it would be pretty stupid to do away with that feature since I see it as a safety issue (most of the time I will open the hatch in a parking lot as I am approaching my van and if someone were to be walking by, they could get hit by it).

Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 PM

You points are very good indeed. sounds like its flat out broke. I would take it back to the dealer. I have a T&C and Pacifca and I see not option to turn off the beep in my settings. These are 05 and 04. They both beep like no tomorrow.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 PM

I have a 2009 T&C limited and it does not beep when you open the rear hatch. I thought it was funny because my 2006 beeped all the time. I could not find information in the owners manual related to the rear hatch beeping. Although I have to give Chrysler credit for quieting the motors on the side doors and rear hatch.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Default Beep when Rear Hatch opens.

I quizzed my dealer on this issue and he said they "did away with it". I plan on adding "beep" to mine that sounds when it is opening and closing.