Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 T&C Mystery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Default 2009 T&C Mystery Problem

I have a 2009 T/C touring 3.5 liter minivan. I am having a major problem and it is as follows. About six months after I purchased this van and while I was driving the transmission went into nuetral. I taught that I had hit the shift by accident. But when I look the shift was still in the drive selection. I tried going from park to drive but with no success. I only went to nuetral even though I could put the shift in the drive position. I finally had to put the van in park, turn off the engine then restart. Then it was able to select drive again. This van is not drive by wire. The tranny and shift is directly link by cable and links. I taught it was drive by wire until it happen a second time and I checked in the hood. I can see the top of the tranny were the shift selector is. It shifts to the drive position but the van stays in nuetral. It has happened about seven times now and it is becoming scary. I am lucky it has not happened on the highway as yet. The dealer is useless and does not have a clue as to what is causing this. It happens randomly so they tell me if I cannot make it happen in their presence then there is nothing that they can do. Do you guys have any idea as to what may be the problem here?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Yes, take it back and tell them you are leaving it there until they fix it. You should be under warranty right? Speak with service mangers and owners if you have to. Invite the service tech to drive the car for a few days. How often does it happen? Once a week? Any other dealer near by? This is unsafe and make sure you let them know. Sorry I don't have a details for you, maybe Chrysler22 will chime in as he is a tranny expert.