Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 town and country overnight battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Angry 2009 town and country overnight battery drain

The past month I have had major issues with my 2009 T&C touring 3.8 liter van and overnight battery drain. Had a new alternator put on, 3 different new batteries (within a 3 week time span), and the recall on the WIN done along with 2 new key fobs. Worked fine for over a week and now it is back to overnight battery drain. I noticed this morning when I unlocked the door via the valet key that the gauge needles were moving up and down very slightly as if something is still trying to start the vehicle remotely and I could hear a faint clicking sound coming from the dash - no key in the ignition and no power as battery is dead. It will start immediately with a jump start or after sitting on the battery charger for about half an hour and runs fine after its been started and the battery charges again, but i do get an occasional warning bell sound from the dash while driving but no warning lights come on and the check engine light is not on . WHAT is causing this? I don't make a lot of money and cannot afford a mechanic or a new vehicle OR play the game of will my vehicle start in the morning or not.......... I am stuck trying to figure this out on my own accord. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:52 AM

You should interrogate old issues on this website, there are lots of entries to read.
Meanwhile charge up the battery properly so that it holds 13.8volt float-charge, or 14volt float for a calcium alloy battery, and disconnect it by removing the negative connector when not driving the vehicle until you find out what is causing the drain on the battery. If you have a milliamp meter you can measure the background current drain at all-off condition, this should be no more than around 30 to 35 milliamps.
That's all for now.
Leedsman.