Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Town and Country possible engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Agreed................

I hate to say it, But carfax is USELESS....

A minor fender bender....The Other guy offers to pay the damages....You take it to FREDS AUTO BODY....You know the place..its the little tent under the bridge on Highway 41.....Your car is fixed, your Insurance company NEVER finds out, and everyone is happy.....Except for the guy who buys your car 3 years later, With the...CLEAN CARFAX..........Mechanical repairs are the same deal.....When I worked at independant shops, It was Cash and Carry...and I reported the repairs to NOBODY but you....(Or Maybe your wife, In case she was the jealous type and wanted to prove where you were all day) Truth is, Unless it goes thru a dealership, where there is a warranty record, or an Insurance company has to pay out on it, It isnt documented....And I have more important things on my mind at the end of the day, than to call up carfax, and let them know I put a light bulb in "Joes Car" today.

As for it being covered, and nothing out of your pocket.....

Stay on top of it...This is exactly what the first guy told you, and look where that ended up....

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by gremesmiith
I bought a pickup truck last week to pay a premium because it has only 16K miles on it. First check engine light was a few days ago, put it in, the service work has been claimed on behalf of the vehicle warranty void. The code is in the cylinder fire P03044.
Your story is similar to mine.
I took it to another Chrysler Dealership and they honored the warranty. And replaced the engine. Cylinder #4 had a leak.
Try another dealership.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by springbranch
Your story is similar to mine.
I took it to another Chrysler Dealership and they honored the warranty. And replaced the engine. Cylinder #4 had a leak.
Try another dealership.
What exactly was this leak?

Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
What exactly was this leak?
Service advisor didn't tell me exactly where the leak was, but they ran a compression test. Cylinder #4 was holding 65 psi whereas the other cylinders were at 120 psi. I guess the cause was either head gasket or burnt valve.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by springbranch
Service advisor didn't tell me exactly where the leak was, but they ran a compression test. Cylinder #4 was holding 65 psi whereas the other cylinders were at 120 psi. I guess the cause was either head gasket or burnt valve.
Cool, thanks. I've run into a couple with a leaking valve lately. That's why I asked. They have been 4.0L