Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 Town & Country Transmmision oil level

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM
Default 2011 Town & Country Transmmision oil level

Hello Guys, I have a little problem with my 2011 town & country transmmision oil level, I printed a (oil(mm)-tempature Graph) it showed me that I needed to have 37mm of oil on 65temp but I had 11cm that is 3times more oil that I need, can anybody plz tell me how can I check the oil level properly???.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 PM

Here are the instructions for checking the transmission fluid level, one very important part is the engine must be running when you check the level.

Transmission and Transfer Case/Automatic - 62TE/FLUID/Standard Procedure for Fluid Level Check

1.Verify that the vehicle is parked on a level surface.

2. Remove the dipstick tube cap.

WARNING: There is a risk of accident from vehicle starting off by itself when engine is running. There is a risk of injury from contusions and burns if you insert your hands into the engine when it is started or when it is running. Secure vehicle to prevent it from moving off by itself. Wear properly fastened and close-fitting work clothes. Do not touch hot or rotating parts.

3. Actuate the service brake. Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position "P".

4. Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling.

NOTE: When inserting dipstick special tool 9336A , excess insertion force may cause the dipstick to slip past the stop on the bracket in the transmission oil pan. An approximate distance that the dipstick should be inserted into the fill tube is 424 mm (16.69 in.).

5. Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the Oil Dipstick 9336A into transmission fill tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again, read off oil level, repeat if necessary.

NOTE: The dipstick will protrude from the fill tube when installed.

6. Check transmission oil temperature using the appropriate scan tool.

7. The transmission Oil Dipstick 9336A has indicator marks every 10 mm. Determine the height of the oil level on the dipstick and using the height, the Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) as viewed with the scan too, and the Transmission Fluid Graph, determine if the transmission oil level is correct.

8. Add or remove oil as necessary and recheck the oil level.

9. Once the oil level is correct, install the dipstick tube cap.