Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 T & C Touring Dash Gauge Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Default 2012 T & C Touring Dash Gauge Issues

I have an issue where my 2012 Town andCountry Touring gauges will intermittently go crazy off and on with the windshieldwipers turning on as well. During arecent 90 minute highway drive it did this four times. It does not seem to affect the operation butis very disheartening at speed. I haveseen others on u tube video this problem but I cannot seem to find anythingthat offers a solution. Further mostcomplain their dealer is oblivious to the problem or at finding asolution. Would be very grateful for anyassistance. Thank You

Old 04-05-2016, 03:38 PM

The one fix that jumps at me, especially because your problem is so intermittent, is a wire harness under the power sliding doors. You're scratching your head. It all has to do with the CAN data bus. It's wiring that connects all the modules all over the van so they can communicate and make things happen. It is routed in a wire bundle in a cavity at the bottom of each door so the door modules can communicate with the hub (your instrument cluster). This wire bundle moves every time you slide the doors open and shut so it gets a lot of wear. It can fray and short to ground causing any number of bus related problems.

No doubt there's other culprits. Relative to your cluster problem, I've read of the TIPM or the cluster itself being high on the list. I can't say for sure I've read of it being a definite fix, though I wouldn't be surprised. The TIPM, your fuse box, has had an especially miserable history for any number of electrical problems to the point of recalls and class action law suits.

Trouble is, to troubleshoot this correctly you need a specialized scanner on it. What you and I can do is mainly visual inspections and maybe shake the wire bundle at the door or TIPM to try to induce the problem.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 04-05-2016 at 03:42 PM.