Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2015 T&C Blinking CEL Loss Power

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Default 2015 T&C Blinking CEL Loss Power

My 2015 town and country has been problem free since I bought it. I am the 2nd owner and it now has about 71K on the Odometer.

About 3-4 months ago ~60k my van started to act funny. It would:
- Shake heavy vibrations at idle with no CEL
- Intermittently lose power at about 40mph and shake under load like you were going over rumble strips
- And now it is losing power and then suddenly "catching" during accelerations and during this issue the CEL comes on a blinks at me. NO CODES ARE LOGGED.

My trouble is that no codes are being logged. I have taken it to the dealership 2-3 times now and all they have done is flash new software on it, tell me my car is fine, and not fix the problem. I sent them videos of the shaking, explained numerous times to numerous service people that the CEL was blinking at me, and I get the "It's blinking and it wont log a code????" Then I get told since there is no code logged they dont know what to fix. Bunch of idiots.

So now I am going to try and fix it myself, I figured out that the plugs need to be replaced at 60k recommended by Chrysler. So I ordered plugs, coils, and intake gaskets and plan on doing to job this weekend.

If that does not fix the issue then I am going to replace one of the O2 sensors as it could be fuel related but I have no idea which one to replace since I am not getting any CEL logged codes. Yes I have a scanner and yes I have checked multiple times.

Any suggestions or helpful hints are much appreciated!!! Have any of you had these same issues with possible resolutions?

Old 07-07-2017, 08:46 PM

Ya, without a code they are pretty much lost unless there's an old dog around to show them how it's done.

You can try the old fashion method of disconnecting a plug wire one at a time and see which doesn't produce additional shaking or if your scanner has a mode 6 function, read each individual cylinder looking for dropouts. Did they mention "pending codes". A flashing CE light means impending cat damage and those can cost over a grand. If it comes on stop and let the van cool. Best not to drive it.

OBD II Mode $06 Diagnostics

Last edited by Raptor 07; 07-07-2017 at 08:50 PM.