Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2nd Row Door Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Default 2nd Row Door Issue

I have a 2005 T&C Touring. The second row passenger side door only opens 1/2 way then stops. After it has been opened manually, it stops at the same spot when trying to close. I had this issue once before, but it was fixed at the dealer under warranty. Back then they said it was a broken wire in the plastic track that feeds the door power. Is there a way to test this. And if so, is it complicated or not to replace without removing the door.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Old 07-15-2016, 01:31 PM

Cheyne,

Thanks. We got back from vacation last night and I looked at it this morning. Took all of about 20 minutes. Good as new. The only thing I would add is: Try the door and leave it where it stops, mark the spot and push the door open. The break usually at the bend. I did this and the break was within 1 inch of where I started.

Dominic

Old 07-16-2016, 06:13 AM

That's a good tip, thanks.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dominic26
I have a 2005 T&C Touring. The second row passenger side door only opens 1/2 way then stops. After it has been opened manually, it stops at the same spot when trying to close. I had this issue once before, but it was fixed at the dealer under warranty. Back then they said it was a broken wire in the plastic track that feeds the door power. Is there a way to test this. And if so, is it complicated or not to replace without removing the door.

Hi could someone please tell me why on a 2002 base LX the driver side does not have a sliding door chain on the sliding door but the passenger does have a sliding door with the electronic harness attached to it but there is no button on any location within the car to turn it on why was it manufactured with a chain and harness on the sliding door if there is no button available to operate it and if there is an option to add a button where would that be on the pillar

Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 AM

You say the passenger side has a wiring harness and the driver's side does not. You also say there are no buttons on either door post to open their respective doors. If this is the case the vehicle was not equipped with power sliding doors. The harness is there just because.

Many harnesses on an vehicle are there because it's cheaper to put it on every vehicle on the line than to customize. That said, even though the harness is there, it does not necessarily mean there is a motor in the door itself. Wiring and plastic is cheap, motors and actuators not so. You would have to pull the trim from the door to find out if the power motor and lock actuator are in there. If not you need a motor, lock actuator, post button to operate it and a new interior post cover to mount it. That can get expensive for a 14 year old vehicle.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mario Lapi
Hi could someone please tell me why on a 2002 base LX the driver side does not have a sliding door chain on the sliding door but the passenger does have a sliding door with the electronic harness attached to it but there is no button on any location within the car to turn it on why was it manufactured with a chain and harness on the sliding door if there is no button available to operate it and if there is an option to add a button where would that be on the pillar
Have you had the vehicle from new? If not it's possible that a replacement door from a donor vehicle has been fitted.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
Have you had the vehicle from new? If not it's possible that a replacement door from a donor vehicle has been fitted.
His post claims there is no button on the pillar. That leads me to believe this particular vehicle did not come with power sliding doors.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dominic26
His post claims there is no button on the pillar. That leads me to believe this particular vehicle did not come with power sliding doors.
"but the passenger does have a sliding door with the electronic harness attached to it" so it's possible that a replacement PASSENGER door from a donor vehicle has been fitted.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by AlanC
"but the passenger does have a sliding door with the electronic harness attached to it" so it's possible that a replacement PASSENGER door from a donor vehicle has been fitted.
That's what I love about forums. AlanC and I saw it from different angles. If it is a "donor" door you will still have to pull the trim and make sure the motor and actuator are there and working. Then you will look for wiring in the pillar and for a switch.

Quick Reply: 2nd Row Door Issue