Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

62TE Transmission codes P0734 and P0792

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 05:44 PM

UPDATE: I took my T&C back to the dealer (after the transmission rebuild) to have them solve this mystery problem. They had it for 1.5 weeks and could find nothing but the wires I had bypassed during my troubleshooting. I had them rewire the sensors and they then suspected the TRS(Transmission Range Sensor) switch because of the instrument cluster indication. They asked me if the Compounder was replaced during the rebuild and I informed them that it was rebuilt but not replaced. They then pull the side cover off to look at the TRS and wiring. When the pulled the cover they said that they found chips in the pan and that it looked to be coming from the Compounder. They siad the the wiring looked ok and gave me an estimate for a Compounder inspection. I called my transmission mechanic(He rebuilt this trans) and he suggested that I bring it back to him because, "you hired me to do the rebuild and I should complete the work". That kind of integrity is rare nowadays, but I digress. My trans mechanic pulled the pans and could find no evidence of chips or fuzz. He proceeded to pull the tranny and go through it to ensure no contamination existed. He then pulled the Compounder out and apart and it looked like new. He mic'd out all the components and checked for warpage but the compounder was perfect. He had another rebuild kit in his shop and he rebuilt the compounder for a second time, just to be sure. He put it back together and replaced the TRS while re-assemling it, to fix the boxes around the trans position indication on the instrument cluster. (the indication problem started after the transmission rebuild, so my trans mech said he would replace that part antway as he did not catch that problem when he test drove it after the rebuild) When he went to test drive the van, the boxes around the indicators were still there. A little frustrated he went back through what he did on the original rebuild and he noted that he had replaced the solendoid body as a possible cause for the transmission codes(P0734 & P0792) I had been getting. Since all the signals from the TRS go throught the solenoid body connector he put a new solenoid body on my transmission and this fixed the indication issue. he then test drove the van and the P0734 & P0792 codes did not reappear. He drove the van for 10-15 mile with no problems (these codes would set within 5 miles everytime before). I picked the van up on Christmas Eve and it has been working great for the last week. So it looks like the P0734 & P0792 codes were corrected by the replacement of the TRS. As unlikely as that sounds, it is the only part, that was changed, which caused a change in the trouble codes.
If the TRS was the problem then I wonder how many remanufactured transmission were replaced for this simular issue, as a remanufactured unit would have a new TRS installed?
$4000.00 fix for a $30.00 part?
I am just happy that my T&C is back on the road and I will update should this problem rear it's ugly head again

Old 01-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

the TRS is not a 30 part they run about 200 plus

Old 01-01-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
the TRS is not a 30 part they run about 200 plus
The MRSP is $46.35, you can find them cheaper online.
SENSOR. Transmission Range. [DLA] for 2010 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN. #68055955AA

George

Old 01-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mybad I was going for the TRS assembly Shift assembly for 765 code I was working with of a different thread.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:25 AM

I have the same car nearly (t&c 2008 3.8L) and the same problem!!
I have p0733 p0734 p0794 codes
And when drive 3-5 miles the gear wont shift
Should i change the TRS Only?
Or what to do??

Old 08-18-2018, 04:20 PM
Default What did you do to fix those codes. I have em too. Sux

Originally Posted by saif121
I have the same car nearly (t&c 2008 3.8L) and the same problem!!
I have p0733 p0734 p0794 codes
And when drive 3-5 miles the gear wont shift
Should i change the TRS Only?
Or what to do??
What did you do to fix the codes exactly .Mine does the same thing. Sux. Can't figure it out. Thanks in advance

Old 02-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Any updates? I have the same complaint with my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. I’ve replaced the 3 speed sensors, fluid and filter. I clear the faults and the car drives as it should for maybe a day or 2 then out of nowhere the check engine light comes on. 62TE Transmission codes P0734 and P0792. Limp mode till I clear the faults.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by HRivas
Any updates? I have the same complaint with my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. I’ve replaced the 3 speed sensors, fluid and filter. I clear the faults and the car drives as it should for maybe a day or 2 then out of nowhere the check engine light comes on. 62TE Transmission codes P0734 and P0792. Limp mode till I clear the faults.
I’ve also replaced the Transmission Range Sensor.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by HRivas
I’ve also replaced the Transmission Range Sensor.
When you changed out the TRS Did It Fix Your Codes?

Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 AM

No, it didn’t fix anything

Quick Reply: 62TE Transmission codes P0734 and P0792