Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 3.3 GR Voyager lx Radio interference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Default 98 3.3 GR Voyager lx Radio interference?

Hi Foks thanks to the help of people on here and my trsuty multimeter I did manage to work out the codes for connecting the radio in my car. I have it working and fade, balance etc all work ok, it took me ages and once I seen the schematic with the Speaker relay in it I realised that the relay had not been powered up by the radio. Anyway I have it working but noticed tonight that on the way home I put on the side lights and intereference was coming through the speakers. It was that bad I needed to turn the radio off. so I could keep my lights on. Is there some sort of supressor or something that needs connecting?

Thanks.
Robert.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM

Did the radio have an amp before? It sounds like you are getting a feed back thru the harness, Bulbs or ground.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Hi Master tech, to be honest I have no idea what was in before I got the car. I am trying to fit a Kenwood Cd player though. Everything all works fine when no lights are on, turn the lights on and there is a very loud repetetive clicking heard over the music making it impossible to listen to. I have grounded the player case to the chasis, what I did notice was a radio choke lead Black and gey in colour and the diagrams show that should be grounded. It worked without it being grounded so I might try that disconnected but with the lights on and see how that goes. For now though still stuck! Only other thing worth mentioning is that when I turn up the volume really loud (2/3rds of the players maximum volume) the speakers start to cut out, do you think that could be related? what I needed to do though was use the 12 volt out lead from the player to power the speaker relay circuit. The only 12 volt out from the player was the power antenna which held 12 volts once the machine was on maybe that is where the trouble is. Thanks for the help.

Robert.