Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

ABS module

Old 02-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Default ABS module

T & C 2004 3.3. Have ABS fault and told it could be the module. Where is it on the car, if anyone can help please?

I have replaced all sensors and cleaned the reluctor (?) rings. On scanner the faults were both R.H. sensors but fault wont clear..

JJ.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by John Jarman
T & C 2004 3.3. Have ABS fault and told it could be the module. Where is it on the car, if anyone can help please?

I have replaced all sensors and cleaned the reluctor (?) rings. On scanner the faults were both R.H. sensors but fault wont clear..

JJ.
Had the same problem(and it has come back intermittently), with my 04 T&C. I posted of my concern when clearing the rust from the reluctor rings on a thread that I made. Weather here in Western NY has not been great for digging back into it, but I'm convinced that the air gap with "cleaned rings" is too great and sensors can not get an accurate or consistent reading thus turning on the ABS light....SPRING and warm temps....where are you!

Old 02-12-2019, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by REBEL59
Had the same problem(and it has come back intermittently), with my 04 T&C. I posted of my concern when clearing the rust from the reluctor rings on a thread that I made. Weather here in Western NY has not been great for digging back into it, but I'm convinced that the air gap with "cleaned rings" is too great and sensors can not get an accurate or consistent reading thus turning on the ABS light....SPRING and warm temps....where are you!
Thanks for your reply Rebel but I'm in the UK and we're having a bit of a heat wave at the moment - 10 to 12 deg. C (above!).
I have my own Acron scanner for ABS that I bought in the USA several years ago when I had a 1995 T/Bird and MK8. When I got the T&C ( GV over here) I had the ABS problem and 2 sensors on the RHS cured the problem. This time, 9 years later it came again, pointing to that same pair but no such luck even fitting new all round.
I have a new module which came with the car when I bought it but was not needed. I've never seen where to fit it!!

JJ.