Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS issues reposted to here from general tech

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Default ABS issues reposted to here from general tech

Hi all having major problem with my ABS on a 2005 uk spec grand voyager, first the ABS light does not come on when you first start the car, then after 5 - 10 secounds it comes on along with the hand brake light indicating a major problem with the ABS system, it has been to a dealer and the front wheel sensors have been replaced but the ABS light is still on and they have diagnosed the ABS module to be faulty, this I have replaced but still the ABS light is on, any one got any ideas.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 PM

Hi
Have they cleared the code after? I have seen the speed sensors take down the ABS module so you could have another sensor at fault. Get the codes rechecked and report back. Has the dealer contacted technical? is so I can look into your case.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Hi Merlin

Thanks for the quick reply, not sure if they have been in touch with technical or have reset the codes, although I have disconnected the battery to try to reset the ABS but this has not helped, after looking at most of the threads the front sensors are most prone to failure so I am assuming that as they have been replaced this should have cleared the fault, The garage did offer to hook it back up to see if it is now talking as they did initially have no comms with the ABS, could it have somthing to do with the PCI bus? we did have a minor blip on the dash were all the lights came on, and I mean everything, I lost all the dials and the only way to stop this was to pull the main fuse?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 AM

Hi
Yes the PCI is how the ABS communicates with the dash to put out the light and how the dealer communicates with the ABS module.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Question

Merlin

I managed to get some tech info for the ABS off another thread on here and I tested the PCI to the IPM and there is no breaks, on reflection as the ABS indicator is turned on by the CAB module and it does this after a few secounds I can assume that the cable to the MIC is good?, would the existing logged DTC's need to be cleared before it will start playing the game? or should it reboot with the battery disconnected?