Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM

I read his page a little more closely, he says that the actual seat track is 100 mechanically identical, but the memory seat track has a position sensor. So, if that's accurate, then new seat track adjusters may be needed also.

It's kinda like exploratory surgery. You don't know what you have until you start it.

Originally Posted by coolviper777
Also, he mentions that he bought a complete set of seats for a 2008 model, and something about the motors needing to be memory compatible.

I think that there is no need to buy new motors, seats, and or anything like that. I believe that all you need is the new memory seat module, the new seat switches, the memory buttons on the door, and possibly new cables. It makes no sense that motors would be different between the two different options. Motors simply respond to an electrical voltage, nothing to do with memory.

I will probably buy the parts for this soon, and in the next couple of months begin working on this. I will post pictures and any additional instructions when I get it to work. My very first post in this thread, over a year ago, has links to the seat memory module, and door buttons, and a diagram of where things are located. The only thing that I need to find is the new seat switch.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Hello, would the memory seats work if the car did not come with the Passive Entry Module (PEM). I am trying to add the passive entry module along with the Push Button Start but it seems it is not possible by the dealers to add the "GXD" option to the car. GXD is the option needed for the TIPM to recognize the PEM.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:39 PM

The standard seats don't have sensors in them to tell the memory module where the seat is at any given time. The module needs that information to be able to send the seat to the correct location.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:57 PM

Hello, I understand the memory module is not there, but can this be added to a vehicle that did not come with the memory option and did not come with the Keyless Go (Passive entry) option, has anybody done this successfully.
Would be highly obliged if somebody can help with putting this in.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:46 AM

Hello,

Memory Seat and keyless Go are different things. Memory works without keyless go. But I have also added Keyless go and Passive entry

Adding Keyless Go and Passive Entry (GX4, GXD)
http://www.lancia-forum.de/modelle/v...chr%C3%BCstung

Adding Memory Seat (JT2)

Adding Remote Start (XBM)

Adding Infinity Soundsystem (RCD, RFD)

Adding Rain Sensor (JHC)

Adding SmartBeam (LMS)

Adding Heated Seats 3rd row

Adding Blind Spot and Crosspath Detection (XAN)

Adding Parksense (XAA)

Adding TPMS Display (XGM)
Reifendrucksensoren RDS - Voyager - Lancia Forum

Adding Superkonsole (CA9)

Old 02-26-2016, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
The standard seats don't have sensors in them to tell the memory module where the seat is at any given time. The module needs that information to be able to send the seat to the correct location.
Thats 100% right.

The seat adjuster has 3 motors. With the memory option have all motors position sensors. But Chrysler dont have part number for these motors... Therefor its necessary to change the whole adjuster.

A 4th motor with position sensor is located in the recliner. The seat without memory option has a motor without the integrated sensor.

The seat position (track) sensor is the same on seats with and without Memory Option. He can reused.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:07 PM

Hello Sir,
Thanks for replying I have been following your German postings. I figured out that adding the GXD code for the Keyless to Go entry is the major challenge, I can get the PEM, antennas, wiring harness, I talked with over 2 dozen Chrysler dealers and everybody says it is not possible to add the GXD code to the car. I even contacted the Chrysler customer service and they told me to ask the dealers to contact their STAR department, which also was done and the STAR department said it is not possible to enter the GXD code to the car. This is now a show stopper. Can you please help me out.

On another note is it possible to add only the memory seats and the memory function to the outside mirrors without adding memory to the brake and accelerator peddles and all this without Keyless Go feature.

Thanks a ton for your help

Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by kolahaspi
Hello Sir,
Thanks for replying I have been following your German postings. I figured out that adding the GXD code for the Keyless to Go entry is the major challenge, I can get the PEM, antennas, wiring harness, I talked with over 2 dozen Chrysler dealers and everybody says it is not possible to add the GXD code to the car. I even contacted the Chrysler customer service and they told me to ask the dealers to contact their STAR department, which also was done and the STAR department said it is not possible to enter the GXD code to the car. This is now a show stopper. Can you please help me out.

All Dealers would say this is not possible, because the dealers could'nt activate the PEM module with the witech Software. Dealers can addsales codes with the "dealer installed options" in DealerConnect. But there is'nt a sales code GXD. But if you have the CDA or Autoenginuity ST06 with chrysler enhancement EI04 then its possible to activate the PEM module. After activation every dealer can transfer the secret key in the PEM module and can program the 2 (or more) new keys. My write up show all necessary tasks step for step. Its very simple and not to expensive modding. It works in all cars, because every WIN module has Keyless Go implemented.

Hello Sir,
On another note is it possible to add only the memory seats and the memory function to the outside mirrors without adding memory to the brake and accelerator peddles and all this without Keyless Go feature.

Yes this is possible, but you will get an DTC that the Position sensor from the pedale has Performance Problems. Thats all.

Steffen

Last edited by s.m.; 02-26-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:35 PM

Hallo Steffen,
Vielen Dank
Meine Deutsch ist nicht so gut
Ich arbeitete in Deutschland von 1999-2001 am Max-Planck-Institut in Magdeburg. Meine Tochter was geboren in Deutschland.

She wants this Enter to Go and Push Button starter on this minivan

Back to English and some more questions. I am getting the remote starter kit installed in the van (Mopar Kit No. 82212568, which will put in a new WIN with 2 new FOBIK's). I am guessing these new FOBIK's which work with remote start will work with Enter to go.

At that time when I get the push button starter installed, I plan to get the Passive Entry Module (PEM) Mopar Part No. 68068753AG and the wiring harness (68068008AB). Connect this up and try to use what you wrote using Autoingenuity and activate the PEM, I understand nothing will work but hopefully the PEM will be added to the TIPM (code GXD should be added to the car) then I can go and wire all the antennas and door handle etc.

Does this sound reasonable. Please give me your valuable suggestions

I am also starting to look into what parts will be needed to put on memory seats on this minivan from your German link

Aspi

Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 AM

She wants this Enter to Go and Push Button starter on this minivan
Back to English and some more questions. I am getting the remote starter kit installed in the van (Mopar Kit No. 82212568, which will put in a new WIN with 2 new FOBIK's). I am guessing these new FOBIK's which work with remote start will work with Enter to go.

Your German was perfect.
I don't know what for FOBIKs are in this kit. May be there are not suitable for Keyless Go. All vehicles with Keyless go have normally the Remote Start (Touring-L, Limited). Therefore is the risk, that you will buy two worthless keys with the kit.

I bougth all parts in this shop (30% discount) Factory Mopar Parts - Wholesale Mopar Catalog. The price for the kit is $234,82. But If you need two additinal keys later then its better you will buy all parts separatly.

WIN : MODULE-WIRELESS IGNITION NODE | Genuine Mopar | 68105738AF ($120,36)
Antenna : ANTENNA | Genuine Mopar | 68069728AC ($21,30)
Hood Switch : ALARM SWITCH | Genuine Mopar | 5026277AE ($33,63)
FOBIK, 7 Button, 2x : KEY FOB-INTEGRATED KEY FOB | Genuine Mopar | 5026590AI ($114,28)
Nuts, 2x : REMOTE START - NUT, SNAP IN | Genuine Mopar | 6034833 ($8,50)
At ebay.com you will find cheaper FOBIKS with Keyless Go (round about $70)

At that time when I get the push button starter installed, I plan to get the Passive Entry Module (PEM) Mopar Part No. 68068753AG and the wiring harness (68068008AB).
Connect this up and try to use what you wrote using Autoingenuity and activate the PEM, I understand nothing will work but hopefully the PEM will be added to the TIPM (code GXD should be added to the car) then I can go and wire all the antennas and door handle etc.
Does this sound reasonable. Please give me your valuable suggestions

Yes, it should work that way. After adding the PEM to the configuration of the TIPM, then you will see "Passive Entry" in the System Menu of the EVIC. But you will get same DTCs at this time. The PEM module trys to read the status of the two door handles and missing the signal from the five antennas.

The DTCs should be:
B259A-00-FRONT LEFT DOOR HANDLE SENSE
B25A3-00-FRONT LEFT DOOR HANDLE SENSOR
B259B-00-FRONT RIGHT DOOR HANDLE SENSE
B25A4-00-FRONT RIGHT DOOR HANDLE SENSOR

B1A71-01-PASSIVE ENTRY ANTENNA 1 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE
B1A72-01-PASSIVE ENTRY ANTENNA 2 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE
B1A73-01-PASSIVE ENTRY ANTENNA 3 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE
B1A74-01-PASSIVE ENTRY ANTENNA 4 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE
B1A75-01-PASSIVE ENTRY ANTENNA 5 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE

It's not a problem. This DTCs will not decrease any function in your car. The PEM don't know the vehicle PIN and security keys of the FOBIKS at this time and will not try to work.

You can check Keyless Go if you add the 2 antennas in the front doors. Then you are able to start the car with the push button. But you cannot lock/unlock the car keyless without the new door handles.

Attention: For Programming the FOBIKs and for the Transfer of the Secret Key in the PEM you will need the 4-Digit vehicle PIN !!!

Please check your PM

Steffen

Quick Reply: Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country