Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Default Another one bites the dust... considering the memory seats upgrade!

Hi,

I too bought a Lancia Voyager (2013) without memory seats. Bought the Gold version, because I couldn't find an unique platinum version for sale in my country (2nd hand, that is). Actually, according to a rare cars app, there are only 74 Lancias Voyager in Portugal, so it's understandable that it is kind of hard to find one and our current taxes make it next to impossible to import one. There are a few chrysler voyager, but even those are not that common...

After browsing a bit in search for info (not easy to find), found this forum and your posts (Stephan) both here and in the German website. After reading your description (greatly detailed, by the way), I kind of lost my motivation to do the upgrade, which revealed itself to be much more complicated than I expected (or, at least, was hoping for). Still, I would appreciate to see the pics along with the description (but they seem not to be available anymore). Can you either post it again or even write it as an article so we can see? If you have the time, you can even send me by mail. I'm considering a more simple approach, with an automatism method and the pics would help a lot. Instead of the original system, which is way too complex, I'm consideringa solution for the seats with a timer and 3 positions memorized, very straightforward. That could help me change seats with my wife and still have a straight forward position (to get the second lane seat down)...
did anyone ever consider this?

Also, I'd like to find out more about the mygig (730N) system and if there is a way to copy an entire address list from my garmin to it. I'm currently using both GPS because of it... it's ridiculous. Any tips, please?

Carlos.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Old 11-15-2018, 06:08 AM

Hi Stéphan,

definitely you're the man here! :-) thank you for your reply and your valuable inputs. I'm considering a more simple approach, with just some time automatisms, (ex: x seconds forward, z seconds back). Not nearly as perfect or reliable as your option, but much more simple to implement. In time we'll see if I manage to find the time to do it...

In the meantime, can you point me to the radio (735n rhw) tips? I'm having a few issues that need more urgent reply. Need to update the maps, need to copy my points from a garmin unit to it, and need to fix poor radio reception. I'm counting to find some existing maybe even at the German forum you point me to. Can you help?*

also have a rattle noise (only when it gets cold) in the roof console where the displays are (is that it's name in English?). Any tips to disassemble it would be great.

All the best,

Carlos,

Old 11-16-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Carlos Pt
Hi Stéphan,

definitely you're the man here! :-) thank you for your reply and your valuable inputs. I'm considering a more simple approach, with just some time automatisms, (ex: x seconds forward, z seconds back). Not nearly as perfect or reliable as your option, but much more simple to implement. In time we'll see if I manage to find the time to do it...

In the meantime, can you point me to the radio (735n rhw) tips? I'm having a few issues that need more urgent reply. Need to update the maps, need to copy my points from a garmin unit to it, and need to fix poor radio reception. I'm counting to find some existing maybe even at the German forum you point me to. Can you help?*

also have a rattle noise (only when it gets cold) in the roof console where the displays are (is that it's name in English?). Any tips to disassemble it would be great.

All the best,

Carlos,
Latest Firmware for the rhw is 2.700. You can download a iso-file there https://mygig-disk.com/customer-stories.phpMap-updates are VIN-based. 199€ (FCA) or 99€ (Litauen).The rattle noise from the overhead console have many models. A squealing noise Comes from the metal Clips. Here you can see pictures from*the consolehttps://www.lancia-forum.de/modelle/...chr%C3%BCstung

Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 PM

Really, you're the man! The console will be much easier to open with this Intel. Will try to apply some bostik to those clips to quiet it. Will let you know how it went...

Regarding the radio, these is what I have. Can you please tell me my maps date?
Did, by chance, any of you ever managed to update your saved points from a garmin or any other GPS to the radio? It would be so much easier to use, as I have a ton of data to import to it...

I found out, to my disappointment that, although my van was first registered in August 2013, it was actually manufactured in February 2012, meaning the engine is the 163hp instead of the 178... not really a big deal, if it wasn't for the lower CO, which would give it a lower anual tax.... still, that along with a scratch my wife made to it, made my day. :-(
Anyway, we have to carry on and look like we don't care about it... after counting to 200... and bread a few times.

Last edited by Carlos Pt; 11-17-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:23 PM

You RHW has the latest firmware and the latest map update 2014/2015. Your Gracenote database is from a rhr (US) und not from a rhw (Europe)

Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 PM

Again you came to the rescue. Thanks a lot. Maybe the gracenotes (or the map) are a hacked version... I didn't know the previous owner cause I bought it from a stand (unbranded)... either way, How come this is the latest version? I saw some with a garmin look alike display, which seemed more recent... you said it was 2014/5... didn't they keep on doing more recent versions?

Old 11-19-2018, 02:05 PM

2014/2015 is the latest version for europe. What you mean with Garmin look is not the RHW. This is the RHB430N from Mitsubishi which never sold in europe

Old 11-21-2018, 04:48 AM

Hi,
I'm not a tech guy and there be much more to it than what meets the eye, but it seems viable to cross firmwares and, why not, maps... That would definitely be an improvement. Still, if you didn't go for it, being the Chrysler man that you showed to be again and again, maybe for the rest of us mortals, that is an impossible task. One thing is for sure, if no-one does something about these maps, soon these radios will become some nice bricks...
I've been speaking with the nice folks from navrepair.com, which I assume are top experts regarding these radios and they still hope that mopar/navteq will provide some new maps in the future (though it seems more and more impossible to happen as time goes by)... I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited by Carlos Pt; 11-21-2018 at 04:55 AM.