Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Advice required 2000 model UK Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Post Advice required 2000 model UK Grand Voyager

Hi everybody,

This is a follow up superceeding my earlier posts on this forum now that I have gleaned further information from across the internet.....

1. Heated Seat Issue

Internet research suggests that a 'Technical Service Bulletin' (D43) may cover this issue. However I would be most appreciative if anybody (especially so if also with UK based background) can shed any light on which vehicles or seat part numbers were involved and indeed whether the TSB actually involved the 'UK' models at all.

For the record, my vehicle was built in 2000 to European 'GS LX spec' at Chrysler's (now closed) Austrian factory in Graz by Magna Steyr. Btw seats are grey 'perforated' leather type fitted to the GS (high spec i.e. LX/LE Grand Voyagers) for the 2000 model year.

Elsewhere on the net I have found an article titled "Chrysler sues Magna International over faulty seat heaters" and wonder if perhaps more than just a coincidence of names exists??

If that is so, I could speculate that the faulty seat heaters manufactured by the 'Magna' parent company for the North American 'NS spec' were very likely also fitted by 'Magna Steyr' to the GS series out of Graz.....

Should the UK 'GS's' be excluded from this fix (recall?) (or it is somehow now time expired??) how could I get hold of a copy of the repair instructions and any parts required for the repair? What is involved and how easy is the fix for these particular leather seats??

2. Reversing Aid Issue

Again it appears this is a 'UK' issue even though the part is a genuine Mopar accessory (Reversing Aid - Part No: 01040148 - I have the original Chrysler accessories brochure!) fitted adjacent to the rear licence plate.

Do any users (especially UK based) have any experience of this particular "accessory" which was fitted at UK dealers as an option year 2000 and prior. A fuse has been suggested as a good starting point however I have no idea as to its location or integration within the vehicle's electrics.

3. Headlamp Leveling Issue

Now understoood to be within the headlamp unit itself so replacement should resolve this......

4. Trip Computer Imperial MPG gripe

On this one there appears to be conflicting info with some users of the impression that such calibration is possible and others not......

The facts as I understand them so far:

GS/NS platform uses different 'data system' than subsequent generation RG/RS platform components thus not interchangable

Situation resolved in the 2001 RG/RS platform and switchable/calibratible between US and Imperial Gallons OR Metric....thus 3 measure options...

Any further info much appreciated

A very grateful (in anticipation)

Voyager Pilot