Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag warning light on from time to time

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: airbag warning light on from time to time

wrong year dude the recall is for 96-2000

Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 AM

I agree the year is wrong, but it seems that the airbag control module is not registering any error codes. This indicates a mechanical or electrical condition that is not scanned or stored. Since this is the case, IMHO, it seems to only leave the clockspring. While the horn may blow, it doesn't mean the airbag test circuit is seeing full continuity, hence the light. In a point to point test, the best means to isolate the circuit is pull the airbag fuse (only if the vehicle is not to be driven) and see if the fault light still occurs. Then reinstall the fuse and futher isolate the circuit. It could a multitude of issues. I've seen intermittent fuse connections in the fuse panel before. Corrosion on the fuse plugs themselves, fuse connections to the harness not completely installed in the Fuse Holder, etc. Maybe the connector to the airbag control module is loose. It's preety easy to check by removing the lower console and heater duct. This is not any easy one to diagnose over the net. Really needs to go to an experienced shop tech. Just because it's OBDII and a scan tool doesn't register an error doesn't mean something isn't wrong. You need someone more than a scan tool jockey to figure this one out. There's a reason dealership's send their techs to manufacturer schools and pay there experienced guys up to 90K annually.....

Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM

May or may not be relevant, but I had that same problem in my 99 Montana. Turns out, the cables under the seat were not 100% secure so a good bump or vacuum would make it loose and turn the light on. Slight (ever so careful) jiggle on the harness under the seat, turn the key and no more air bag warning light.

D

Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 PM

I also had this problem with my older Voyager ... it was on a P reg (1997) import ... had done around 120,000 at the time ... something like that ... but the airbag light wasnt the only thing that was affected (this would come on and off as it pleased lol) ... the horn became tempermental (working then not, then working like the noddy horn, a kindaparp parp) ... and the cruise control had packed up aswell ... I had my clockspring replaced ... I watched the guy replace it, was kinda scary and he was a bit nervous as the airbagin the steering wheel could have gone off! ... putting all that aside, it did solve my problem

Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
moe

Hey lat,heres my 2 cents if you don't mind.tech is right on the money with the stored code,chrysler keeps track of all code present and stored.they want they a@@ covered in case of a law suit.you be suprized what info is stored in the modules of your car .but i have replaced at least 15 clocksprings in my dealership alone so i going to say thats the problem ,we call it drivers squib( technical name).moe

Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
moe

did we ever fix this problem? i need to spell check !whooooops!!moe

Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM

do you have to reset airbag light after clockspring replacement. I replace clockspring fixed horn, and cruise control. But light still comes on sometimes? thanks

Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Angry 2012 Chrysler T & C Airbag Light

My 2012 T 7 C airbag light stays on frequently. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes a day and sometimes a week +. I took it back for the 3rd time and they changed a cable under the seat. Any one else have the same problem? The third time was just today and I will keep this thread updated.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 AM

I have a 2014 Town & Country. The airbag warning light started to come on intermittently during driving. Sometimes it would go a day without any warning light. Sometimes it would come on 7-8 times in a single trip. Took the car to my local dealer and they fixed it. Below is their exact description from the dealer receipt:

Airbag warning light comes on while driving (Electrical), Intermittent active code. ORC B0070-11. Driver seatbelt buckle pre-tensioner deployment control circuit short to ground. Tested with load tool and pass. Test revealed buckle internal shorted. Further inspection revealed seat adjust pinched buckle harness. Replace drivers side seat buckle. Erase code. Performed SRS verification test.. Parts used # 1DF311L5-AF, Single Line, Belt Assy 230***DLY.