Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Alarm Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Default Alarm Issue.

Hi wondering if I should go about this same as Travelmad's Alarm Issues.
The battery disconnection rung a bell here after reading his.
Drove 65miles today, parked up, Alarmed it and after short time alarm went off.
Checked doors were all closed and re-alarmed again. Alarm went off again so I had to lock it manually.
Car did a bit splashing in deep puddles today so I though maybe wiring plugs.
Now Battery disconnection comes to light.
At start of last week, car went into Garage for MOT and some servicing work. Car pasted MOT but had to have a headlight replaced to meet requirements.
On pickup I found the Radio was not working and asking for code, hence the thread I put on here for Radio Code, but not got round to it yet.
So looks like the Garage disconnected the Battery for of all things a Bulb.
So on disconnecting the Battery does the car divorce from the key after so many lockups of vehicle.
Thanks.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Bloody did it again...
Voyager 2.5CRD LTD 2003.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM

Just an inquiry to perhaps come up with a diagnosis.
How old is the battery? Does it crank the engine rather sluggishly? Does it get discharged a lot due to infrequent use of the vehicle, i.e. not every day, maybe once or twice a week?

Leedsman.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 AM

Hi, no problem on starting at all, not immediate start but after a few crank turns. When I first got car had this flat battery problem but sussed it down to the lighting dimmer switch being left on. Well it happened to me anyway and solved the issue.
There is no door open indication light on dash of a door being left open slightly that has caused the alarm to go off in past.
I know there is an alarm problem as when I press fob to lock, one beep sounds and red light on dash flashes erratically.
This is one of these problems that could happen to anyone anywhere and for the inconvenience of having to lock manually is a pain to an old Git like me.
Only second fault to the most comfortable and powerful car of the 50 plus cars I have had in my lifetime.
Thanks.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 AM

goggs,

I can't speak for the 2.5 or the pre 2005, but for the post 2005 2.8 CRD.

Do you have a standard UK 5 button FOB ? If so with a charged battery, car unlocked and not alarmed, pull the NEG for 16 minutes. Replace the NEG and sitting in the drivers seat put the key in the IGN and turn 1 click to the right. You will hear a series of clicks - clunks and solenoids being tested.

When they've settled down start the engine then press the FOB [not the door] lock & unlock several times, while your engine warms up reset the overhead preferences and the electronic seat settings which you will have lost. Switch off, get out and lock with the FOB - does it work ?

Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Hi, prior to QinteQ's checks tomorrow.
Since I got the car, I have to hold Fob at front window level to get it to work. Is this correct or should I be able to use FOB from yards away.
This may mean something regarding state of FOB battery.
Think it is about time I changed FOB'S battery anyway, have just found out there's no battery in the spare FOB anyway, great eh...
So is it just open FOB change battery and close up and all is back to normal or do I have to marry FOB and Car.
Thanks...

Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Anyway to date, got new batteries for Fob's today but been out in car too much to do Radio Code and FOB marrying.
Car Alarmed at moment with old battery in FOB and as such the alarm has not went off.
Will go for a FOB battery change tomorrow and hopefully Radio code with marrying info given. Will report back outcome.