Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

another issue sliding door...

Old 12-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Default another issue sliding door...

hi everyone , Merry Christmas and happy new Chrysler year!!!
My voyager 2.5 crd 2002 have a small issue, the slide door doesn´t open with remote ou button FOR THE FIRST TIME OF DAY just open a little inches after this, i open all manually, close manually and after i use a remote control or buttons and its working normal, after some hours ( one nigth or 12 hours) the problem start again, i open and close manually and after... its working... tomorrow i will upload a movie the show what's happens.
NOTE: ALL DOORS ARE LUBRICATED WD40 OR SIMILAR
NOTE 2 just the right door have a issue, and this door is more ""heavy""
please help

Old 12-25-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by tsainhas
NOTE 2 just the right door have a issue, and this door is more ""heavy""
please help
Ok, ...I highly doubt after all these years that it hasnt fallen off, but if you open the slider and look at the lower corners of the door, yOU MAY FIND PIECES OF "scotch tape" covering the "DRAIN" holes in the door. If the water were to get trapped and accumulate in the door skin, it would weigh the door down considerably.

Seconly, Pop a link off of the wiring track at the sliding door, and firmly tug on all the wires...ensure none are frayed or rotted. (The solid Black in particular).

Also try to note if the interior lamps work properly while operating the sliding door..this will often give you a clue as to electrical or mechanical.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Default Video of my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJr-36fLAM

i think the door can´t closed totally, but the interior lights stay on when i use the remote control to open, and when close the lights turn off, the central work is normal, and the door work normal, its possible any adjustment?:confused :
thanks

Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by tsainhas

Look carefully at the wiring track for the door......Pop a link apart, and pull on each individual wire, to ensure there are no "Breaks" or worn spots.....(The Thick Black wire is a common trouble spot)

My gut tells me you need a LATCH....

Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic

Look carefully at the wiring track for the door......Pop a link apart, and pull on each individual wire, to ensure there are no "Breaks" or worn spots.....(The Thick Black wire is a common trouble spot)

ok tomorrow i will see that
thanks for your attention

good bye

Old 12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Default door....

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic

hello again how i remove this door panel?

Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM

If I recall, There are 2 phillips screws on the trim piesce on each side of the glass, and one or two that will be exposed once the trim is removed. The rest are "PUSH PINS".......
Just a hint.....Get into the second row seat, and close the door approx 3/4 odf the way, and work from inside.....

Quick try.....Get some solvent, (Brake Kleen, Carb cleaner..etc....NOTHING OIL BASED) and see if youcan spray some of the crud out of the latch . it "MAY" help, it may not, but before ripping the panel off, its worth a try.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 AM
Default Sliding Door Issue

Hi there,

Did you get this issue resolved as i have watched your vidoe and have the same problems with both doors, So if you have fixed it i would like to know how

Regards Chris

Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 AM

Chris,...

Follow thru the thread and make the checks I told the OP to do......The doors arent as complicated as they seem.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Default slinding door

Originally Posted by chris.parham
Hi there,

Did you get this issue resolved as i have watched your vidoe and have the same problems with both doors, So if you have fixed it i would like to know how

Regards Chris

Hello, not yet, because i didn't do anything ( no TIME)... but i want resolve, maybe before Mars, i promise when the problem as resolve i tell you and post in forum!
Tanks
Tiago