Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Default Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?

I'm very interested in getting a 2011 Town and Country. In searching for early user reports I have found nothing. So if anyone had bought one yet I'd love to hear about your experience and what if anything there is to look out for and test before taking delivery.

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 PM

As a dealership tech, Ive been doing the Delivery Preps on these since the begginning of December.......

I can Honestly say....I havent found anything that I havent been completely impressed with.
The color schemes are offered, and the design of the dash , I personally think is Hideously ugly, But thats a matter of taste....Who knows, you may like it.....

Its still too early for any of them to have accumulated enough mileage to determine Road-worthiness...But since most of the powertrain issues were corrected for 09 and 10...I dont think there will be an issue.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
may like it.....

Its still too early for any of them to have accumulated enough mileage to determine Road-worthiness...But since most of the powertrain issues were corrected for 09 and 10...I dont think there will be an issue.
Isn't the engine new for 2011?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 PM

Yes....Its a 3.6 "PENTASTAR" engine. And while it is true that it "Hasnt Been Proven" yet, The trans issues from the earlier years have been rectified, and some chassis issues have been addressed. .....Perhaps I was overshooting a Bit by referring to POWERTRAIN..

The electronics got a re-do as well, and Im quite impressed with that particularly. Of course , complexity has increased, But it has made the overall system Much easier to work with.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Default Would appreciate any early reports of what to look out for

There is a good chance I will be ordering one as they don't have the model/color/options I'm interested in. Djinn, since that takes about 8 weeks I would appreciate if you updated any issues that you see in the mean time.

I would prefer to find one already equipped but since I like to keep my cars a long time I want to be sure I get everything I want.

I'm planning to get a Touring-L with Enter-N-Go, Driver Convenience Group (for the heated steering wheel), Trailer Tow Prep Group, and Media Center with NAV. The MSRP on a Touring-L outfitted as above is $35685.

The Limited has all this but adds in some expensive extras that I don't want to pay for including TV. If I build all the Limited platform and add the Trailer Tow Prep group I end up with a MSRP of $40,410.

The discount I'm seeing comes from asking for the Costco price which they are saying is $500 under invoice. For an available Touring L with MSRP of $34900 I got a price of $32477. For a Limited with an MSRP of $42000 I got a price of $38926. I believe this includes destination but does not include dealer prep, taxes, registration, documentation fees. Anyone getting better pricing? If so, how?

No one at the two dealerships I'm talking to can answer my question regarding the two different tire types that are options on the Touring-L. There is no price difference between the two. One is described as all season, the other as all season touring. I live in snowy Colorado and would like to know which is best for traction in snow. Any ideas?

Also any idea what the auto dimming rear view mirror with microphone gets you vs. the auto dimming rear view mirror without microphone? No one seems to know that either.

I like the Red Pearl exterior. I'm thinking of getting the tan interior. The light gray looks like it might show more dirt over time. I also like the more natural wood look with the tan vs. the almost black wood with the gray. I may have another look at the two before making a final decision.

Would also love to hear from anyone considering getting one as to what your considering and why.

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 PM

with Enter-N-Go
Unless its already there, I would skip it...It really isnt all its cracked up to be.

Its basically the same system that is used from 2008 and 09, on the challengers and some of the Journeys, and it is VERY PICKY.

My first experience was with 2 men with new Challengers, who Drove each others cars to see which one ran better........(Friendly quarrelling never hurt anyone , Right?)

Well, The first guy got in his friends car, with his friend in the passenger seat. AND THE CAR WOULDNT START!!!!.....As they kept trying, The security system LOCKED OUT, and would not recognize the key.
The Explanation......The first guy had HIS car key in his pocket, when he got into the friends car.....It was towed in and after reprogramming The WIN controller, all is back to normal.
I personally do not have the patience to invite someone for a ride in my new car, only after asking them to empty their pockets and show my dashboard what you have.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Default That is VERY interesting

What you have reported is very interesting as the Enter-N-Go is one of my favorite features. It is the primary reason I'm not buying a Honda Odyssey. I hadn't read reports of them being problematic but now will do some serious research.

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 PM

I wouldnt say problematic....But rather "Unforgiving" in "Unanticipated" situations where he doesnt see EXACTLY what he expects....

Honestly, this was all done from a safety and security standpoint, but no-one new how it would react in a real world situation until they tried it. There are still hundreds of situations that havent been tested, simply because....No-one has dreamed them up yet....

Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Default Just did some quick research...

I just did a quick web search and most are happy with the feature. One person locked themselves out by leaving the key fob in the car. But other than that folks seem happy. I think maybe this falls into the realm of technical innovations that are great but still could have issues. I really like the convenience so will still order it.

I've been in twice to the local dealership to test drive a Limited that is sitting on the lot with a flat tire. Today I told them to call me when it was ready. I'm interested to see if there are other features that I'm not aware of that I will consider 'must haves' once I experience them. That happened with the heated steering wheel. I didn't know I loved it until I tried it. Now I've got to have it.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Default Limited is out

I finally test drove a Limited yesterday. They have a different seat in the Limited. There is some type of bar that goes across the shoulder area that I could feel. It was very uncomfortable so I'm focusing on the Touring-L.

Quick Reply: Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?