Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Bought the limited last month with trailer tow package and blackberry pearl coat exterior and love it. Interior, dash are way more inviting and upscale compared to 2010's. We test drove 2010 and 2011 and wife had to have 2011 and forgo some of the extra incentives on the 2010's. Wife and I love the enter n go feature and have not had any problems with it. And yeah once you try the heated steering wheel, wow gotta have it especially if you live up north. The center console is a nice feature that moves back to the second row seats. So far no major problems. Gas mileage is a little bit of a concern but only have 700 miles on it. Been mainly driving in town and only averaging around 12.5 mpg. Planning on a trip to Florida towards end of April, hopefully average around the 25 mpg sticker says. New stow n go one touch is better along with plusher seats than 2010. Led lighting inside and out is nice as well.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the review. Have you had any warranty work done on it? Anything that isn't working?

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much. I would be very interested to hear if the gas mileage improves or if you find out why it is so low.

Michelle

Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM

No warranty work done. Maybe because it is new not broke in yet and winter plus all city driving.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Default That is good to hear!

That is very good to hear. I was impressed with the perceived quality when I test drove them but I didn't test all the systems.

Thanks!
Michelle

Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Hello Everyone,
We're the proud owners of a 2011 T&C Touring L.
We purchased it in Deep Cherry Red Clearcoal Metallic with the Black leather (perforated) trim seats. Being that we have four kids at home (21, 16, 13, 7) We plan on using this van exclusively for hauling around the family on special occasions. (vacation, amusement parks, etc) Previously, we'd either fit all 6 of us in our five passenger vehicle or We'd drive two cars. NO MORE!

We decided on buying a T&C after having rented one from Enterprise when our vehicle went to the body shop for repairs. Our rental had the dual monitors, dual dvd players, heated seats and rear AC. We enjoyed the van so much, our new van was purchased with the same options. I just finished installing a hitch and i'm trying to figure out what wiring kit to use.

We also purchased a 7yr/70,000 miles extended warranty with our purchase.

Jesse

Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM

I've tried locking the key fob inside the vehicle (Enter and Go) and can't. I even put it next to the door lock button to try and make it think the key was outside, and it won't lock (using the button on the door handle). The key fob has to be outside to be able to lock the vehicle.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM

I've got about 800 miles on a 2011 T&C Touring-L. I traded in a 2010 Touring WPC edition with the 4.0 liter and the six-speed trans.

The new engine seems to have perhaps, a little more power, but I haven't really pushed it yet. The 4.0 had about the same torque a little lower in the RPM band and that probably made it feel about the same in normal traffic. From the couple of times I've given it a bit of extra throttle at highway speeds, it does seem to be more powerful as the RPM's go up. I'm old enough to remember when one horsepower per cubic inch was considered a 'high performance' vehicle. Now I've got a family oriented minivan that puts out 283 horsepower out of about 219 cubic inches, and does it without a fussy idle or having to clean and gap the plugs every couple of thousand miles. (I had a '69 Roadrunner with the Hemi and 425 horsepower, and in those days, that was considered a powerful and efficient engine, and that was in the days when horsepower was measured using the SAE gross HP method instead of the SAE net HP ratings now used.)

I'm getting about 3 mpg better mileage with the 2011, but I'm using the Econ button and letting it keep the RPM's down. I also like being able to run it on regular unleaded.

It's a bit quieter than the 2010, but not dramatically so. If they have 'retuned' the suspension, it's not a hugh difference but noticeable. The Stow-n-Go seats do fold easier, but since I always keep all the back seats folded down, it's not a big plus for me.

The styling 'refinements' are subtle, but make quite a difference. They make the vehicle look less tall and skinny, and the new grille I find to be better looking. The headlights, (I don't have the HID's), are identical to the 2008-2010 ones, which I found pretty good. They have finally gone to LED tail lights, but for some reason still keep with the incandescent bulbs for parking light, turn signals and flashers. Updating those would have made it look more modern, but I guess it might have added a few bucks more to the manufacturing costs than the bean counters would stand for.

This one has the auto climate control which is the one thing I really missed having on the 2010. I also like the new dashboard better than the old one. The digital display between the speedometer and tachometer is handy and moving the cruise control from that idiotic stalk on the 2010 up to the front of the steering wheel was a no-brainer. Whoever thought of that stalk mounted control must never have driven a car in his life!

The electronics are more complex. The auto high beam headlamps do really work well and the rain-sensing wipers, even though it could use a little refinement in the software, does work well enough that I leave it on all the time. (Just remember to turn it off when going through the car wash!)

The console between the seats seems to be about the same as last years. It's ok, but a little flimsy when you slide it back and forth.

My only real complaint is with the back-up camera. I have the Mitsubishi made RBZ radio. The exact same unit as in the 2010. In that one, the camera was a disappointment in that it was essentially useless in bright sunlight. I happened to come across a Technical Service Bulletin for that radio on the internet, printed it out and took that to the dealer, who had said that all the back-up cameras worked that way and there was nothing they could do with it. After seeing the TSB, they ordered the DVD and did the software update, and the improvement in the camera was amazing! The update also fixed some other minor annoyances with the radio, such as the fact that about once a week, it would decide to suddenly shut itself off for a while and then come back on, or it wouldn't boot all the way up when starting.

In the 2011, with the same radio, it functions perfectly as far as the radio goes, but inexplicably...., the dim back-up camera is back! How you can fix a problem that people were complaining about for three years and then not include that fix in the 2011 models is a mystery. The dealer says they cannot 'flash' back the software to the 2010 version and that they can't do anything about it until Chrysler comes out with a fix. They promise to keep an eye out for it. I'm emailing Chrysler weekly, hoping that by bugging them enough, they might do something about it without having to wait three years! We'll see what happens.

The Safety-Tech, with the sensors in the back bumper work well and the cross-traffic detection really does seem to work well, alerting you in busy parking lots that someone is coming down the aisle as you start backing out. I've never had a problem with that kind of thing before, but it does work and gives a little extra margin of safety when you're parked next to something that blocks your view down the aisle.

All in all...., I'm happy with the new one, even though there wasn't that much wrong with the 2010. (I also test drove a 2011 Honda Odyssey and a 2011 Toyota Sienna, and although the Honda may have been just a tad quieter and the Toyota a tad quicker off the line, (probably due to it's lighter weight), both of those dealers just didn't want to budge much from the sticker price and neither had all the options that came on the Chrysler at a lower price. I wasn't all that wowed by their supposed better quality! They seemed not all that different from the Chrysler. American manufacturers have come a long way!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 AM

My first post here:

I purchased a 2011 T&C Touring L just over a month ago. I have about 1200 miles on it and love it. Replaces a 2005 Grand Caravan that had about 72,000 miles. Like someone else posted, for me, the L had the right features without spending the extra 5K for the Limited. Finding one with the tow prep package was a bit of a challenge. Everything on mine seems to work well. I really like the Enter and Go, and remote start. I have some numbness issues in my hands when it starts to get colder, so I'm definitely looking forward to the heated steering wheel. All in all, I think it is a great vehicle!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Just purchased a 2011 limited. Very nice...so far. Traded in my 2001 Odyssey that never gave me problems...
One thing is the sound quality of the stereo...it's no better than my old Odyssey which was bad. A CD played in the T&C sound very sad compared to me VW, no detail in the highs and no bass (I did play with the equalizer, but sound still is poor)
Any thoughts from others, or should I go and have it checked out?
I need to bring it in to get the steering wheel centered (it's at about 11:00 going straight down the road)

Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by skers
Just purchased a 2011 limited. Very nice...so far. Traded in my 2001 Odyssey that never gave me problems...
One thing is the sound quality of the stereo...it's no better than my old Odyssey which was bad. A CD played in the T&C sound very sad compared to me VW, no detail in the highs and no bass (I did play with the equalizer, but sound still is poor)
Any thoughts from others, or should I go and have it checked out?
I need to bring it in to get the steering wheel centered (it's at about 11:00 going straight down the road)
I don't know what radio you've got in your van, but I have the Mitsubishi made RBZ, 430 without the navigation. I had the same radio in my 2010.

They aren't bad for a factory radio, but I have yet to find one that sounds as good as the Alpine system I installed in a Ford Windstar some years ago. I had to change the speakers of course, but the one in my Chrysler can't compare to it.

I don't think the Chrysler radios are terrible, as factory radios go, but I really wonder what American car manufacturers are thinking about when they put radios in. It always seems as if they are putting in the cheapest stuff they can get away with. When you spend almost 40K for a van..., you'd think they could do better than they are.

Some years ago I bought a new Ford Taurus and sprang for the top of the line radio with I think it was nine speakers and a six-disc changer, (in the trunk, if you can believe that), and to be honest, it didn't sound any better than the stock radio in my previous Mercury Sable!

If you've got the top of the line Infinity system in your van, I'd take it back and have it checked out. It shouldn't be as bad as you say. The wheel being off-center is just inexcuseable in todays world also. Didn't you notice that when you test-drove it?

Quick Reply: Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?