Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone used one of these

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Default anyone used one of these

looking at getting an isimple for using an ipod with the standard head unit, can only get them in the states basically it plugs into the port where the 6disc changer goes on the head unit (2002 G/voyager)
can skip tracks with the steering wheel controls according to the site

Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 AM

If you are interested (or anyone else) - I'm moving on from my Voyager now (no longer need the size), and I've had a gadget which I got from the US a couple of years ago which mimics the CD changer when you plug in an iPod - basically, you create up to 4 playlists on the iPod and it treats these as CDs, with disk 5 allowing control directly from the iPod (Never used it). The display on the Head unit just shows the disk number and track number, not the artist or track name information.

It all works very well, and allows total control of the iPod from the steering wheel controls (or the head unit) - the only thing it doesn't seem to do is to remember random mode when you switch off the ignition.

Fitting is straight forward - access the rear of the head unit and plug it in where the CD changer would plug in - fasten the unit to something and run the cable somewhere useful. I fastened it to the top of the plastic tray below the stereo and cut a small hole in the tray to run the cable into, and that's where my iPod sits. It charges the iPod when in use, so I never take the iPod out unless I want to add songs to it.

I'm going to remove this unit from my car and it's up for sale if anyone wants to make me an offer - the unit is a PA11-CHR, and if I recall, with taxes, delivery from the USA, charges at this end etc, cost me about £130.

If interested, send me a message.

Here's the link if it's a help:

Anco Auto Specialties

Last edited by actd; 02-06-2012 at 06:28 AM.