Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

BCM, HCM and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Default BCM, HCM and A/C

Hello. I need help! I have recently had to part with 1132UKP for a new Body Control Module and a new Heater Control Module for my '98 Grand Voyager 3.3 (UK Spec). My local dealer had the car for nearly a month!! Got it back now thankfully, but, there's now a screeching noise coming from under the bonnet that wasn't there when the Voyager was taken ill on the 12th December 2006. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be please? The noise gets louder and faster when I put my foot on the gas peddle. I think the noise is coming from the A/C wheel within the Accessory belt assembly. I have looked under the bonnet when the engine is idling and there appears to be a metal wheel outside the belt assembly attached to the A/C wheel, that when engaged creates the screeching sound. The metal wheel stops and starts every 5 seconds or so, and when it stops, the screeching also stops and this is constant. Should the metal wheel be turning even if the A/C button is not on in the dash? Thanks, Carl

Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: BCM, HCM and A/C

sounds like u have a locked up ac compressor yes the HUB will be turning when the engine is running and when the ac is active the clutch will pull the rest of the hub together to make the compressor active. U will need a compressor and a set of new belts and more then likely a new tensioner they lockup as well but check the tensioner first less expensive. The tensioner is located under the altinator assembly and looks like a pully on an arm.