Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

beeping when driver door open

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM

had the same problem with 2002 crd 2.5 and it was a simple embarrassing fix.... when switching off engine ensure you do not turn key all the way around to you as it switches on the auxiliary circuit , its the position before it ....

Old 03-31-2012, 05:05 AM

When I turn my key to switch the engine on I have to turn the key back to the left a bit for the radio to work and the abs and handbrake light to turn off. I can then take the key out and the engine still runs. Is the spring broken in the ignition barrel? The only way my engine switches off is if I turn the key all the way to the left (anti clockwise) . when I switch it off do I need to turn to the right when the engine has stopped?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by motlow
had the same problem with 2002 crd 2.5 and it was a simple embarrassing fix.... when switching off engine ensure you do not turn key all the way around to you as it switches on the auxiliary circuit , its the position before it ....
Mine was doing the exact same there is a little mark on the ignition barrel just ensure your key is in line with the mark..

The milage will light up when you open the door still but the ignition is off and there will be no chiming

Old 03-31-2012, 10:28 AM

So if I turn the key all the way to the left when switching engine off, it switches on the aux circuit?? Would this be causing the battery to die?

Old 03-31-2012, 10:41 AM

I just checked my ignition barrel but the key doesn't line up with the mark in any position. There seems to be 3 positions (straight up, 45 degrees and 90 degrees)

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 AM

if your key is removed in the right place the odemeter will go out then light up again when door opens there will be no dingdong and odemeter will go out again on door closing , when i got my car there was a brand new battery in it and it flattened after a few days of me using the key incorrectly ! embarrassingly I'm an auto electrician but just not used to using american cars

Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 AM

U don't live in northern Ireland, do you? Lol. Will charge the battery up and see what happens if I don't turn the key as much. Or I will turn it all the way to the left and then turn it slightly to the right.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmcilwaine
U don't live in northern Ireland, do you? Lol. Will charge the battery up and see what happens if I don't turn the key as much. Or I will turn it all the way to the left and then turn it slightly to the right.
as it happens i do lol i'm in belfast

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 AM

Wanna come and look at my car for me? im in dunmurry. Or do you know anyone that needs parts as i might just break it for parts

Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Sent you a pm motlow

Quick Reply: beeping when driver door open