Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caravan Turn Signal blinking quickly

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Default Caravan Turn Signal blinking quickly

Hi,

I own a 2001 Grand Caravan. Recently the left turn signal began to blink quickly. I initially checked the flashing bulb in the headlight compartment (the rear blinking appeared normal - quicker on the left side, but equally bright). It was flashing but not as brightly as the right front turn signal bulb. I removed the left bulb from the housing (still connected) and observed it again more closely. I compared it to the working bulb on the front right side. There are two filaments in these bulbs. In the right bulb the brighter inside filament was flashing. In the left bulb the outer dimmer filament was flashing.

I swapped the bulbs and the problem remained with the left side, not with the bulb. I turned on the emergency flasher. Same issue (left side was dim, right side was bright- but they both blinked at the same normal rate). When I turned on the parking lights the bulb was out completely on the left, bright on the right. When I turned on the headlights, the left flasher was again completely out (even with left turn signal on or emergency flasher on). The right side acted normally. All of the contacts look clean and not corroded.

I have been looking around and can't find a solution to this problem. I don't know if this is a grounding issue or another issue. I don't mind bringing it to a mechanic if it requires a complicated solution, but if there is a simple solution then I'd like to tackle it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

sounds if either a low voltage issue or the ground issue. U can add a ground to teh ground wire if its still there then looking at a TIPM or FCM or a wire issue power side.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM

Thanks for your help. I spliced a new wire to the existing ground wire and then grounded that wire. That solved the problem. The turn signal is bake to normal.