Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player "err"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Default CD Player "err"

Our 2001 Town & Country Limited has a factory 4 disc CD player which has been working fine. No it comes up as displays "err" and does not play or allow you to remove the CD's. Anyone else had this problem and have a solution? Thanks, Bob

Old 01-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CD Player "err"

It may because of dust ontop of the glass which covers the laser or simply a scratched CD. Is it possible to actually look inside to see if dust is the problem?

-Matt-

Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 PM

My wife's 2001 LXI has the same stereo set-up.

The CD changer hasn't worked from day 1.
Took it in to be looked at. . . . . a BUNCH of coins had been inserted into the unit.

I thought it had been my kids. It wasn't. We bought the van from a lot, locally, on Nov. 15th. Apparently, either the previous owner's kids were the 'perps' or, most probably, kids getting in the van at the dealer's.
We never tested the CD player when we test drove the van.

After going around and around with the dealer, they finally agreed to look at the problem. (I had bought two [2] vehicles on the same day.) I told them I would bring them both back. They laughed.
I told them that I would be laughing when I parked the van and the truck in the owner's office!

The unit is being fixed. I will post more when it is re-installed.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:19 AM

Update on stereo. . . . .

CD Changer repaired and reinstalled. No cost.

Fast forward to April 02, 2005.
Stereo quit. Nada. Nothing.

Took the T&C back to dealer. Dealer says that the stereo isn't covered under the 'Extended Service Plan."
My question to them. . . ."Extended Service Plan covers everything - Bumper to bumper. (Their words at time of sale.)
The stereo is between the two bumpers. Why is it NOT covered?"

Not quite the bottom line. Stereo is fixed (again.) $245.00 out of my pocket.

Next to the bottom line.
This van and a Ford Truck were bought from this dealer at the same time, the same day - November 16, 2004. (Date taken from sales invoice[s].)
These were the third and fourth vehicles that I have bought from this dealer. They will be the LAST. That's right. TWO vehicles on the same night. Truck was paid for - in full - when the key went into the ignition.
What General Manager would say, "Why don't you come on down here and we will have a man to man fist-fight right here in the lot to decide whether or not we will fix your vehicle?" ?????? I know. The POS said it to me.

Bottom line. . . .
This dealership in Waldorf, Maryland will NEVER get another dime from me!!!!

I have been buying cars for more than 32 years. Oh yeah, I have written the owner of the dealership and Ford Motor Corporation and Daimler Chrylser, regarding this sphincter muscle of a G.M.

Ultimate bottom line. . . .
What dealership will sell you a vehicle, an 'Extended Service Plan' (actually two vehicles & plans) and NOT give you documentation IN WRITING telling you where you can get service and/or what is covered under the 'Extended Service Plan' at the time of the sale?????
Today is April 21, 2005. I received this documentation on April 14, 2005.

I will step down from my soapbox now.

EDIT: Don't understand the 'strike-through' on text. I'm still ticked.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Had the same problem with our 2000 limited.. called the dealer and swapping it out with stock mopar deck for $269.38

Im sure you could look around but I dont have to time to get sticky with it just now..

and with this sound system putting in an (aftermarket) deck would run the risk of having to bypass the amp.. but like I said approx 250 usd and your up and running (2day turnaround).

BTW: is anyone clear on all the specifics with installing an aftermarket on this model, I know mazda used to make a harness to adapt the amp instead of bypassing it.. so that an aftermarket could be used without (pardon the pun) bumping the quality.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 PM
ace

we actaully just send them out to a repair facility or order replacements from chrysler but for the most part.
be carefull what you put in them damaged cd's jam them up alot and sometimes cdr's stop the older ones too.

and as far as bypassing the factory amp chysler does not make anything like that

as far as radios go though i just dropped an aftermarket on in my 2005 pt lease
no probls thier just not cutting any wires is all.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Cat

Same problem with my 1997 LXI, I removed the unit and discovered a coin in the unit. Its working good now..

Old 03-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Can you please tell me how (or direct me to where) I can remove the CD player in order to get a couple of coins my son decided to place? I have a Grand Voyager 2005 model. Many thanks!

Ian