Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centre Console Lights Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Default Centre Console Lights Flashing

When putting the key in the car and turning it to the "on" position, I found that i now get 2 lights flashing at the same time on and off.

The two that are effected are the "Rear Wipe Once Buttin" and the "Rear Intermittent Wipe button" these flash together and stay flashing even once the engine has been started.

What does this mean ?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Centre Console Lights Flashing

COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TESTS: [ul][*]Set Blower motor ON HIGH[*]Set Mode position to Panel[*]Open all A/C outlets[*]Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)[*]Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds [/ul] NOTE: Prior to start of test, If the evaporator is already cold, the system will fail test. To correct, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test. RESULTS: [ul][*]All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds[*]Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has failed. [/ul]

Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 AM

ok what does it mean if i ran the test and the 2 original lights remains flashing not the A/C and Recirc?

Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

do the same test hold the 2 that are flashing that is the same test but does the doors the other test was suptose to do both the ac and doors. did u get any codes blinking lights in order after the recal was done?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 PM

I think this was the result of them disconnecting the battery during changing the brake cylinders but not sure, anyhow i went to start it thismorning and it appeared like the battery was flat, but we did have theinternal lights on for afew hours while we were checking the brakes over, also i had to re-enter the code in the cd-player to get that working.

Anyhow this is what showed up after i got it back form the garage:
http://www.gatwick-villa.com/before.wmv

and this happend afew times after the test
http://www.gatwick-villa.com/after1.wmv

but once i had run the fan for 3 minutes or so like you suggested, it ran the test fine, but went right back to the original flashing lights as shown in the before.wmv video.

nothing that i could see other than the lights flashing showed up on the panal after the test's.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

if u disconnect the batt yes this happens. Run the test by pushing the int wash and snowflake untill all lights are blinking dont mess with it for a few min ince passed it will blink ony one puch that then u are done. Let the car warm up for 15 min move the heat over to full start teh test tehm move the slider over to cold. Rev the engein up to 2000 rpm.while teh test is doing its thing.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

Run the test by pushing the int wash and snowflake untill all lights are blinking .
I tried this and nothing happends, I did try the other test and i got the wash light+Int was light flashing together then Recirc+A/C flashing together, and it alternated between the two. I could not get the door test to work for love nor money.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:31 PM

ok i tried this: pressing the int wipe button and the rear wiper water button together, all the lights went on then the 2 lights alternativly flashed (int wipe and rear wipe on) once it had completed the rear wipe on button flashed for a minute on its own then stopped, now all i get it the A/C+recirc lights flashing togethetr. what do i do next?