Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Removed !

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Default Check Engine Light Removed !

I bought a 2002 Grand Voyager 3.3 last year, and to be honest it had many problems, from electric window motor replacements, overheating, door problems etc. All of these are cured now (Hopefully), but today I was reading the user manual and notice there should be a check engine light in the cluster, and I don't remember seeing one, so I had a look and found that someone had removed the bulb holder !, took a holder out of one of the other lights and the check engine light comes on and stays on !.

Could this relate to a previous fault that is now cure or must it relate to a new fault ?, the car has been serviced since I bought it although the dealer did not fill the auto gearbox oil correctly and had to go back to get more oil put in !, although since it had been removed before I bought it I feel it is something the previous owner knew about.

The car runs well but have recently noticed a oil smell in the car, and there is some oil on the cylinder head left side next to the egr unit.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Did you buy it from a dealer? That's one of the oldest used car salesman tricks.
The codes will not clear themselves, you need an ODBII reader to clear the codes. You can get a cheap scanner for about $40.