Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler double cross cancell warranty

Old 05-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Default Chrysler double cross cancell warranty

I am a new member in California. I am the original owner of a 2007 Town and Country. It has been a workhorse for eleven years. I just joined the forum because Chrysler just cancelled my lifetime powertrain warranty. It seems I missed an inspection due at ten years and without notification they have withdrawn the warranty. There is no person of authority to appeal my case. I wanted to see how many others have experienced the same thing. This would be a good reason for a class action suit against Chrysler since they promise the warranty and remove it without notification or notice. My van has been dealer serviced and I have kept up on all maintenance. When it was inspected in year 9 the van only had a leaky valve cover gasket. Since I rarely drive the van in year 11 with less than six thousand miles in a two year period they said I failed to do a mandatory inspection. I looked at my original paperwork on the car and the warranty book doesn't even address the lifetime powertrain warranty. Chrysler customer service has no authority to reinstate the warranty and after writing a letter to Chrysler two months ago I am stuck. Chrysler has denied thousands of people because of this unreasonable requirement and it may be time to get all owners reimbursed for their hardship. I had planned to keep my van but now can't. I plan to write my Congressman next and a class action lawyer next. Not a good way to come into the forum but Chrysler promised me a lifetime powertrain warranty and now has taken it away with a unreasonable technicality. Anxious to know your thoughts. Lee in Calif

Old 05-26-2018, 02:06 PM

IF you do not follow the terms of a contract...would you not expect it to become NULL and VOID???

Old 05-27-2018, 12:48 AM

Rebel, you must work for Chrysler. Their system is designed to void out as many warranties as possible with no recourse of the customer. The customer has no appeal and doesn't get notified of the inspection or has no appeal. You were supposed to get you car inspected in August 2017 10 years after you bought your car but we wont notify you of the mandatory inspection or send you a notice of cancellation. Sounds pretty fair to me how many people would remember that specific date?

Old 05-27-2018, 06:23 AM

NOPE, Don't work for them! Just a REALIST by personality. Hope you have a SAFE MEMORIAL DAY. Please take a few minutes of it to remember those of our military that paid the full price in service of our GREAT country during wartime.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by REBEL59
IF you do not follow the terms of a contract...would you not expect it to become NULL and VOID???
I agree
It is the same with all manufacturers. They will all deny warranty claims if you do not abide by the contract made when purchasing the warranty.
If they did not do that, they would be paying out a lot more in claims, because there are (and I have known a few) people who would almost never have the oil changed, or do any of the other maintenance that cars need to keep running.

If you fail to keep the terms of the contract, the contract is void, no matter what the contract may have been for.

And no, I have never worked for Chrysler, nor any other auto manufacturer, but I do use common sense a lot, and pay attention to details like that.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:12 AM

I am a realist too but Chrysler has been able to bully thousands of owners. I hope some hungry law firm files a class action suit and all the prior harmed owners get some recourse for their damages. I have the original warranty book on my car and there is no mention of inspections. The Chrysler lady in customer service told me I was told about the inspection when I bought my van. I cant remember to zip my pants let alone what happened ten years ago. They really ticked me off when they didn't even reply to my letter giving me nobody to call. BTW Rebel thanks for letting me vent to a human. Finally recognizing our troops is important and one of the main reasons I can enjoy the life I have been given in California. Lee

Old 05-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Bil......this was not a purchased warranty. It was the factory warranty in 2007-08 when I bought my van.......lifetime powertrain no deductible.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 AM

Also, I noticed in your opening post that it was inspected in year nine.
If it was inspected then, why would it not also be inspected in year ten and eleven, and so on..

Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 AM

My van has been dealer maintained and was fully inspected in 2016 with only a valve cover leak. When I took it in 2018 for its next service after 5,000 miles the warranty was voided because it needed to be inspected (i had no clue) " during "August 2016"..... not before..........not after

Old 05-27-2018, 09:24 AM

Refer to number four, this is on Chryslers website. https://www.chrysler.com/en/lifetime...ranty/faq.html

NEW CHRYSLER LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY CUSTOMERS -- Q&A
  • Q1: How do I know if I’m covered by the new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
  • A1: You're covered if you're the first registered vehicle owner – retail or lease – in U.S., Puerto Rico and The Virgin Islands. This applies to 2009 model year vehicles. As well as 2006, 2007 and 2008 model year vehicles purchased on or after July 26, 2007.
  • Q2: What does the new powertrain limited warranty include?
  • A2: The Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system – on most new Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles.
  • Q3: What powertrain parts and components are covered?
  • A3: Gasoline engine, transmission and drive systems (FWD, AWD, RWD or 4WD).
  • Q4: Are there specific provisions to the new warranty?
  • A4. In order to maintain the Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, you must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection, performed at no charge, must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle. It is your responsibility to perform preventative maintenance on your vehicle. You’re strongly encouraged to follow the instructions contained in the Scheduled Maintenance Service guidelines in your Owner’s Manual.
  • Q5: When does the new warranty coverage take effect?
  • A5: The Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty begins at the start date of the Basic Limited Warranty.
  • Q6: Why did Chrysler change its warranty coverage?
  • A6: Our confidence level in our vehicles is very high. Our dealers are telling us that our products are the best quality they've seen in a very, very long time – maybe ever. So, we'd like to take this level of confidence and share it with you, our customers. This new powertrain warranty demonstrates our commitment to you as a Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge customer and the confidence we have in our ability to produce quality, reliable and durable vehicles. We want you to feel that same confidence.
  • Q7: Are any Chrysler vehicles excluded?
  • A7: Vehicles that are not covered under the new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty include SRT models, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter models, Ram Chassis Cab, Hybrid System components (including transmission), and certain fleet vehicles.
  • Q8: What about second owners of the vehicle?
  • A8: Subsequent owners or lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not covered. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by operation of law are also not covered. Chrysler offers extended service contracts for purchase for second owners of Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles.
  • Q9: Why did you choose to make this program non-transferable?
  • A9: Our internal research data confirmed that the transferability take rate (available on the 7-year/70,000-mile warranty program) was low. We are providing peace-of-mind to the original owner who made the investment in our Chrysler product. Our competitors, Hyundai/KIA/Mitsubishi that offer what was considered the benchmark in long-term powertrain warranty (10 years/100,000 miles), only extend it to the original owner. With the announcement of the Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, Chrysler will be the new benchmark in long-term powertrain warranty.
  • Q10: How does your new lifetime powertrain warranty coverage compare to your competitors?
  • A10: We are the first and only OEM to offer a lifetime powertrain warranty.
  • Q11: What is different from your 7-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty to the new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
  • A11: The 7/70 warranty included a deductible per repair visit, and coverage was transferable for a fee of $150. The new lifetime warranty has no deductible and is not transferable.
  • Q12: Is towing included in the new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty program?
  • A12: No. Our research indicates that most consumers have independent towing service plans such as AAA.
  • Q13. Are Mexico, Canada and International markets offering the new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
  • A13: No. This is a U.S. program only.
  • Q14: Is this just a marketing promotion to drive traffic to your dealerships?
  • A14: No. This demonstrates our commitment to improved quality on all our vehicles. This isn't a rebate or financing incentive. We stand behind our products with capital investment in facilities and technology. Our warranty programs exemplify our investment in powertrain. It's a move of strength.
  • Q15: What does 'lifetime' mean?
  • A15: Lifetime means lifetime.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrysler double cross cancell warranty