Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler double cross cancell warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks for posting. My question is why didn't my warranty book address the inspections, they are not mentioned. There is no notification by Chrysler of required inspections or cancellation. There is no appeal process, my van is rarely driven and doesn't get dealer service every 12 months but is in perfect condition. I must have hit the 5 year as a matter of luck. Why cant the 2016 and 2018 inspection with no change to the vehicle and still only the valve cover leak qualify since by August 2017 I would have not needed dealer service on my van. Finally, no reasonable person would remember the exact date of a required inspection or know that Chrysler would just cancel the warranty without evaluating the situation or providing an appeal process.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:42 AM

Lifetime means lifetime..........that is what I bought.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:21 PM

If you find the copies of the original papers that you signed when you bought the vehicle, you would find reference to it in there.
It comes down to a common mistake that everyone is guilty of, signing before reading and MAKING NOTE of the details about what we are signing for.
The salesman would have mentioned those things during the sales pitch, and while going over the papers that had to be signed.
Also asking questions becomes very important.
As you said before, your memory is not that great, so asking questions, and writing important details down becomes vital.
If they tell you, and you do not write it down, whose fault is that ?

Also, I found a PDF copy of the warranty booklet, and it does mention the five year inspections.
G Inspections:
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty,
the person or entity covered by
this Powertrain Limited Warrant
y must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep d
ealer once every 5 years. This
inspection will be performed at
no charge. The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of
the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspec
tion performed to continue
this coverage

http://www.warrantyweek.com/library/...e-warranty.pdf

Last edited by BiliTheAxe; 05-27-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:36 PM

Very helpful. I may not have ever received that addendum. I will go to the dealer where I bought the van and make them verify that I received that form. It is not in my purchase materials. Thanks

Old 12-09-2023, 12:10 PM
Default Chrysler cancelled me without notice

Yes I am in the same boat 2009 T&C. The dealer that gave me the 5 year inspection actually told me that this was the last required inspection. Whats even worse is I paid extra to extend lifetime bumper to bumper warranty that piggy backed on the Chrysler power train warranty. Once Chrysler cancelled me it cancelled both warranties. I argued with them. They tell me it was up to the dealership to notify me. The inspection I missed was also during the height of COVID so that may have been why I wasn't notified (too light of a staff?). I'm very disappointed in this company. I bought their first minivan in 1984 brand new and have owned various Chrysler minivans ever since. Nearly 40 years of driving this product and they screwed me

Originally Posted by leepear
I am a new member in California. I am the original owner of a 2007 Town and Country. It has been a workhorse for eleven years. I just joined the forum because Chrysler just cancelled my lifetime powertrain warranty. It seems I missed an inspection due at ten years and without notification they have withdrawn the warranty. There is no person of authority to appeal my case. I wanted to see how many others have experienced the same thing. This would be a good reason for a class action suit against Chrysler since they promise the warranty and remove it without notification or notice. My van has been dealer serviced and I have kept up on all maintenance. When it was inspected in year 9 the van only had a leaky valve cover gasket. Since I rarely drive the van in year 11 with less than six thousand miles in a two year period they said I failed to do a mandatory inspection. I looked at my original paperwork on the car and the warranty book doesn't even address the lifetime powertrain warranty. Chrysler customer service has no authority to reinstate the warranty and after writing a letter to Chrysler two months ago I am stuck. Chrysler has denied thousands of people because of this unreasonable requirement and it may be time to get all owners reimbursed for their hardship. I had planned to keep my van but now can't. I plan to write my Congressman next and a class action lawyer next. Not a good way to come into the forum but Chrysler promised me a lifetime powertrain warranty and now has taken it away with a unreasonable technicality. Anxious to know your thoughts. Lee in Calif