Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer problem? maybe you know...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Default computer problem? maybe you know...

Ok I have seen a couple of posts just today about these vans dying and not restartinging. Mines no different, except i've found that when it dies, I can I can turn the key off lock then unlock the doors, open then close the door. After doing all this it will start just fine. At first when it did this I thought it was the battery, so I changed the battery, no help... then a local shop cleared the battery code and that fixed it for a day. I am thinking it has to have something to do with the anti theft system, but its not the anti-theft system, that actually works. It completely kills the starter. At first , after driving for a couple of hours I only had the van die if you tried to give it throttle in Reverse. But yesterday it did it in drive, as I was turning in to a parking space. of course as with all the others after 30 or so minutes, the van cools off f and it runs perfectly fine again, also took it to the mechanic again today, and had no codes thrown...guess I'll be taking it to a dealership for a diagnostics next, let you know what i find out. Wish someone here who has had this problem knew the fix
hope I figure it out. Its driving me nuts. Electrical problems suck...

Old 05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Default got it fixed

it was the crankshaft positioning sensor.