Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

CruiseC/HORN/AIRBAG LIGHT. PROBLEM SOLVED/FIXED DIY Clock Spring

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM

I guess that is why the Japanese, Asians, and Europeans are gaining market share in the US. Happy repairs.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Default 05 Durango....

will I have the same joy from my dealer with regard to my 2005 Durango with faulty clock spring.....?

Can't find one anywhere, tried AZ, AAP and 2 eBay sites, awaiting a response.......

here's hoping.......

SteveB

Old 09-08-2009, 03:43 PM

yikes - Jerry Ulm Dodge $98.70 plus tax..........

Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 PM

I have no problem with my dealer since i bought my voyager for about four months.They answer all my question and provide an explanation to it.I'm happy to have my voyager.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Smile 1998 3.3 Voyager Owner

My clockspring went, phoned up chrysler and they told me it was a warranty repair, also my car had two other outstanding recalls on it and could i come in to get them done. A week later I have a fully functioning car, they even dropped the dash and repaired the faulty immobiliser problem as I had had enough of thumping the dash board every time the alarm light stayed on (flashing). All the work was free, they gave me free Park and Ride tickets for the busses and vouchers for a meal at MacDonalds. Fantastic service from Exeter (UK) Dealership, to top it off when I left a mechanic came over to the car told me to remove the airfilter topbox and fit an induction kit filter as this bakes the air flow better through the engine and I now am achieving 28 - 32 MPG through town and 38 MPG on the motorway (I can now drive through deep puddles without worring about sucking water up through the weirdly placed air flow!) which is a plus here in Plymouth UK. Just wanted to share my experience with you all and say Hi as I am new on here.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Default Broken Again

Hi - Just an update to the clock spring post, as well as a question if anyone knows the answer. My 1998 Chrysler T&C has had the clock spring replaced once, in 2003, at Chrysler's expense and now, in 2011, it has gone bad again. Dealership says I have to pay this time and that it will be $400.00 (Didn't someone else, above, say that it was going to cost them $200?!) Anyway, two things: 1) Good info for anyone else experiencing this 2) If anyone else does have any insight or experience with the above, is this info accurate? It seems that this clock spring is a known issue and they just go bad. Would the customer be required to pay for this? It is a safety issue after all and there is no choice but to get it fixed - at somebody's expense.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

humm I dont know about that this recall is lifetime

Old 07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Smile Covered By Recall After All

The clock spring has been repaired and it was covered by the recall, at no expense to me, after all. I called a different dealer who said that yes, it would be covered and that there was a lifetime warranty on that repair for me and to come on in and they would take care of it. I did and now it's fixed!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:18 AM

I'm surprised that some of you defend faulty clock springs with an argument that it is old and it is normal to break. Well, no car and no parts last forever but with Chrysler there are a lot of part that break sooner then expected. I must say I have never owned a car on which a wiper motor would stop working after 6 years and 100.000 miles. Or power slide door motor for that matter, or electric mirror motors, A/C compressor, light switch, etc., etc., etc.... All of the mentioned are parts that I'd never expect them to fail. Well at least not within first ten years. Actually this are the parts that I would expect them to last the lifetime of a car. We have 7 differnet brands of cars parked outside our house, voyager '05 is the seccond newest and with the more failures then all of the other six combined. So do not give me the crap about car being old and therefore faults are excpected becouse they are. Just not every single month and not the parts like clockspring for which I didn't even know it exists... Untill I bought chrysler. And what bothers me the most is that Chrysler is obviously a low quality car but the parts price says otherwise. Parts costs like they would be made out of gold and lasts like they are out of plywood. I wouldn't care about high prices if they would justify it by giving us high quality and long durability parts in return. And that is the reason why this is most likely my last chrylser. And I'm not the only one with such opinion. And yes that may also be the reason that japanese, asians and european cars are taking US market share. People want something for their money and I don't blame them... us.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

knock yourself out start a project on it let us know how far u get.

Quick Reply: CruiseC/HORN/AIRBAG LIGHT. PROBLEM SOLVED/FIXED DIY Clock Spring