Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

dealership did not honor my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Default dealership did not honor my warranty

When I bought my Town & Country LXi new, I loved it. But now at 39,000 miles, the head gasket blew. I had it towed to the dealership(of which I paid for) and they kept it for over a week. I was not given a loaner car(which they guarantee). When I got the car back, it did not sounded right and this time, I demanded a loaner. They kept it over a week and a half this time. After all this, they charged me for some oxygen sensor (two of them), a coolant sending unit and replaced spark plugs which became foul only after coolant entered into the engine itself. My arguement was that all of these are parts of the ENGINE and I have an ENGINE warranty. When I called the 800 customer service helpline, they placed blame back to the local dealership. When I spoke to the dealership (again) they placed blame back to chrysler headquarters. Again, I called headquarters and this time they HUNG UP the phone on me. What kind of customer service is that? My situation is currently in litigation. I will NEVER buy a Chrysler or Dodge product again.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: dealership did not honor my warranty

Yeah, like that ONLY happens with a DC product. Blowing a head gasket at that number of miles isn't common, but it does happen. If anything, the dealership should be to blame for all this because they didn't immediately give you a car, they didn't first analyze the problem, and they also decided to throw blame at someone else which is wrong.
I would file a complaint with the BBB or atleast threaten the dealership first to startle them up. If you really are serious about not buying a DC product again, just don't buy a Ford product...but I'm hoping you're just fuming some stress. Chrysler's really are great vehicles.

-Matt-

Old 01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
ace

call the 800 number again and be nice explain everything to them.
we get customers that get alot of things taken care of from dcx when they should not be but it is becouse they talked to dcx the dealer can only do so much alot of thaty comes out of the dealers pocket but dcx has big pockets be nice and you may get along way.
was the dealer a 5 star dealer id so bring that up to the 800 number if they are 5 star they should have passed dcx 5 star req and that could play to your advantage

dont get me wrong i am not backing the dealer or dcx but you may have gotten somebody at dcx that had a bad day and was way out of line(most likely) but remember be nice and listen as well the nicer you are the nicer they should be as well.

good luck

Old 01-31-2006, 10:55 AM

I had a similar problem but reversed.....the dealer blamed everything on DC. DC is far from perfect buy more of my problems are the dealer.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
ace

i know dealers mess up we have in the past but we take care of it.
We had an oil tech forget to tighten the drain plug once......guess what happened next
2 days later its towed in wth no oil plug it cost the dealer some coin but the customer still comes back(just asks for the other oil tech is all) lol