Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DPF question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Default DPF question

Hi all.

The wife is looking to buy a grand voyager between 2003 - 2006 age.

Do the diesels have DPF's fitted?

She'll be doing short round town trips, so weighing up either the 2.8 diesel or the 3.3 petrol.

Your opinions and experience appreciated

Old 02-06-2014, 04:29 PM

Well, my 2006 2.8 CRD has given no trouble in this direction and it has 110,000mile on the clock. I use it for short-ish journeys too. You'll find the petrols thirsty and hard to sell when it comes to it.

Leedsman.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:57 PM

The short round town trips is the questionable part that you should look into.
These cars are great on motorways, comfort no end, park easy in supermarket car parks, carry thinks as big as 8 x 4 wood sheets inside and have plenty toys.
But if she does lots of town parking her parking manoeuvres will be harder than with a small car. So you don't want to have the backlash from her afterwards about why you's bought such a big car.
Got to be a Diesel of course. Some have Auxiliary engine heaters for quick warm up, she'll like that.
Happy motoring.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:55 PM
tfb

Think the DPF's came in with the model change in 2008, 2007 and earlier don't have them, thank goodness!

Regards
Richard

Old 02-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
The short round town trips is the questionable part that you should look into.
These cars are great on motorways, comfort no end, park easy in supermarket car parks, carry thinks as big as 8 x 4 wood sheets inside and have plenty toys.
But if she does lots of town parking her parking manoeuvres will be harder than with a small car. So you don't want to have the backlash from her afterwards about why you's bought such a big car.
Got to be a Diesel of course. Some have Auxiliary engine heaters for quick warm up, she'll like that.
Happy motoring.
It's her that wants this motor, lol. I'm just doing the homework as never owned a Chrysler before. I have to hold my hat off yo my missus though, she's a good driver and handles large vehicles really well.