Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Driver side power sliding door

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Driver side power sliding door

I agree with BOTH of the last two posts. It is less helpful for those of us whose vehicles are no longer under warranty if the only answer is "take it to the dealer." On the other hand, if my 2001 were still under warranty, that is exactly what I'd do.

This post was helpful to me, because I have the same problem. I'm going to live with it until I can no longer manhandle the door open, since it works perfectly well when one uses the automatic doors. Our family has been trained to "push the button" rather than use the door handle. It is only when guests use the passenger side door, that we have problems.

Thanks all!

Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Why i said take it to the dealers is because he was under warranty. If all u want it knowlage of how it works then by all means i can give that as well. With the rules on how warranty works if u start to tinker with stuff and mess it up it will not be covered under warranty its called customer neglect. Warranty is for parts and labor that is defective from the factory or the maker of the part thats it. Not running off teh road and oop i hit a rock or my kids put money in the cd player that sorta stuff we see it all the time and people get all kinda pissed.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Hello all...New to this forum but it seems like great info....I have an 01 T&C 3.8 LXIand have sticky sliding doors on both sides..They work most of the time but both sides are hard to slide manually....I reviewed this topic an this thread was the most informative, and seems closest to my issue.

Does anyone have any better description (or first hand experience) with the "shaving down the rubber on coil" fix (listed in this thread)or any other fixes?

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
moe

its true i work with some of those dumb asses he speaks off .i call them bottom feeders they blow pass the warranty work so they can to the cash work.never figuring the customer has to come back again if the diag was wrong.those guys never stay in one place to long anyway.just enough to give dealership bad name.moe.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:59 AM

OK..I diss assembled my door drive clutch assys and cleaned all of the parts...I shaved down the disc and de burred all of the parts in the clutch pack....After re assembling everything my doors both work great....This process is very easy...The first door took me about an hour and a half, and the second door took me 20 minutes....It worked..Give it a try if you have dragging doors.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Bargain shopper and discount hunterI find all kinds of bargains and the best deals onlineThats why I love the online shopping sites and shopping comparison sitesShop Compare Micro Console

Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 PM

Hi there. I really like my 2007 T&C touring, but recently a lot seems to be going wrong. Like to know what issues I should try to resolve or at least understand myself before taking it to dealer (not under warranty anymore). Issue #1: Multifunction switch goes crazy on me. For example, put on left blinker, right indicator goes on. Windshield wipers go on, but won't go off right away until I mess with the switch for a bit. Issue #2: Power Sliding Door on Driver Side. Manually it's fine, it's the automatic function that doesn't go any further than simply unlocking and popping the door open. Help, please!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by sebarta
I had the same problem with my 2002 T&C out of warranty. The clutch is electrically engaged by having a metal disk attracted to a coil with a metal edge. The coil is sealed with a rubber like substance which swells due to oil. The swelling causes the metal disk to bind in manual operation. I fixed mine by shaving thr rubber down to the level of the metal edge on the coil. Now works just fine.
Dear friend, I found your reply very interesting and I would like to do the same operation on my T&C rear door that looks to be very hard to open at the moment.
since I'm not English mother tongue, could you be so kind as to explain in plain and simpler words what do you exactly mean when you write about

"The coil is sealed with a rubber like substance which swells due to oil. The swelling causes the metal disk to bind in manual operation. I fixed mine by shaving the rubber down to the level of the metal edge on the coil"
I couldn't find any rubber nor oil on the coil, or maybe I did not exactly understand where you put your hands
thank you so much