Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Engine no start..No turn over..Sollution.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Default Engine no start..No turn over..Sollution.

2003 Grande Voyager LTD. Sitting outside LIDL, Frozen groceries in bags and RAC says 2 hrs. First breakdown since bought 2012. Did key dance, only P0235 but know about that as power cuts on fast overtaking, turbo boost pressure fault still to find. All fuses ok. No swinging gauge needles. Can hear fuel pump and relay clicking. Can only be starter. Anyway did reboot, neg battery off for 10 mins, still no start. Lets check starter, control wire to coil waggled, check start and it did. Confirmed 3 hours later, still starts. Just to clean contacts whenever.
However also finds alarm/central locking now working ok, prob due to reboot, was having to lock it with key beforehand..
Finally Radio code reset care of number obtained on here.

Relief...

Old 04-11-2014, 04:18 PM

Good feedback Goggsie, it will help those who read here to chase down faults.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:08 AM

My 2006 GV 2.8 CRD auto has a very minor fault which I've not bothered with:--
When gear is changing from1st to second it's normally incredibly smooth like an electric motor. Just now and then, it changes but the accelerator pedal seems to have been deactivated until I press it down a lot more, or alternatively let my foot off altogether quickly to the end stop, when it works normally again. It seems completely random, not to do with temperature, of the weather or the motor, up hill, down dale, whatever.
I gave the plug on the pedal structure a really good waggle, no effect.
Anyone had this effect?

Leedsman.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:16 AM

Anyone had this effect?
No, I've not experienced that (yet) and yes, good feedback Goggsie.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:26 AM
tfb

nice one!

Regards
Richard

Old 04-12-2014, 11:20 AM

I didn't even know the radio had a separate code, I assumed they were all SCREEM based.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:44 PM

Hi Leadsman, regarding your fault. In days of yor the accelerator pedal speeded up engine via a wire cable to carbs or speed/choke type valve, but of course not in these electronic days. So I take it the accelerator here operates a variable resistor unit (name eludes me) to send various voltages to ECU to speed up/down. These units can cause your fault if I remember.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:11 PM

Potentiometer, but I think their American workshop manual calls them a TPS [throttle position sensor] ask tfb he will know and make sure it marries with your VIN before you buy. REM with our favourite cars is crap wiring followed by crap cables followed by crap connections first, and this thing is a three crap wire connection going somewhere.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 AM

Yes, I thought of a noisy pot. but it doesn't act like other noisy pots. I've known (that must run into zillions).
BTW, a mechanical pot. isn't the only way it can be done. There is a noisless version employing two magneto-diodes and a magnet moved by the mechanicals. This cannot go noisy.
This system without any Bowden cables, but using microprocessor control, is normally called "fly-by wire" after remote aircraft control.

Leedsman.

Last edited by Leedsman; 04-13-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM

Yes QinteQ Throttle Position Sensor that's it...And Leadsman Fly By Wire....Head was a bit scrambled yesterday...

Quick Reply: Engine no start..No turn over..Sollution.