Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)

Old 02-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2
Default EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)


Can someone please help me get EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for my Chrysler? I'm moving from US to Europe and I'm
taking my Chrysler with me. In Europe I need this certificate in
order to register it. Please, please can someone help me?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Norcross GA
Posts: 8,114
Default RE: EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)

why dont u call the DMV
Old 05-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 2

you cannot gert an EU CofC thie is a US spec car. You will need to import the vehicle and it has to be subjected to UK VOSA IVA testing (Individual Vehicle Approval). there are criteria for such things as lighting/tires etc that are different for the UK and you will have to get the vehicle modified by an SVA/IVA specialist, they then will arrange for type approval certification and subsequent saftey inspection and registration. This takes approx 6 weeks AFTER the vehicle has arrived in the UK, the total cost is about USD$1500.00 EXCLUDING cost of shipping and UK auto insurance.
I have recently imported my Sebring from Dallas, vehicle was shipped 12/15 and i got it back 03/18.
P.M me if you need further help.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 192

Why are you assuming he/she is moving to the UK. Other European countries have different requirements. Probably your best bet is to contact the embassy of the country you are emigrating to.

Why not start here
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 2

sorry abt the assumption. that website is for intra EU cars, not for cars outside of the EU. Its a bit like getting CofC for non USA cars.
USA built cars cannot have EU type approval, due to several factors, mainly US built cars lack the (eu) logo on lamps/bulbs/seat belts/tires/glass/size of front & rear license plates/wattage of bulbs etc, also emmisions standards are different in the EU, for example, EVAP systems are not compulsory in the EU, therefore when getting type approval IVA in any EU country they will grandfather the US DOT as being to an equal or greater standard. But having said that, there has to be modification to the lighting system - you cannot avoid that.
The only way to get a non EU car into the EU is on a temporary import exemption which is usually 12 months, after which the car has to be modified to EU or experted or destroyed, most likely if you did a temp import there would be taxes to pay as you your import declaration would be of a temp nature and not moving your home from a non EU country to the EU, so its not just type approval, it gets complex.
regards. John

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.