Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Default EU Certificate of Conformity (CoC)

Hi!

Can someone help me get EU Certificate of
Conformity (CoC) for my Chrysler? I'm moving from US to Europe and I'm taking my Chrysler with me. But in Europe I need this certificate in order to register it. Please, please can someone help me?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Default Chrysler to Europe

Hi. Moving an American car to Europe, excluding the UK, is just about impossible. Not made any easier by the way, by representatives of Chrysler UK who can't even supply a contact e-mail address for Chrysler USA.
(It is impossible to contact them via the US Chrysler site from abroad as you have a US phone and zip code to send an e-mail)
Reading between the lines, since America stopped French cars being allowed on the US market, imports the other way by individuals a costly nightmare.
I have heard of individuals having to replace all the glass on the car plus lighting and replacing seat belts to meet the so called european standard.
In other words don't wast your time. I wanted to import a US Chrysler, available on sale here in a european format from the UK, who welcome the cars with open arms, to France. I have sadly had to forget all about it for all the above reasons. I really do wish you luck though!