Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast warning chime starts 10 seconds after starting engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Default Fast warning chime starts 10 seconds after starting engine

I have a '97 Town and Country LXi with just shy of 72,000 miles.10 seconds after starting the engine, I get a Fast Chime that will continue for 5 minutes then goes silent for 5 minutes. The cycle repeats about three times then stops. Every once in a while the chime will start then stop in 20 to 30 seconds and does not repeat. There are no warning lights on the dash.

I have checked all fluid levels: Oil, Transmission, Brake, windshield/read window washer fluid, etc.
I have confirmed that all warning lights are ON and cycle through the test before starting the engine. All extinguish after starting the engine.
I have confirmed the operation of the seat belt warning for buckled and unbuckled at engine start, but that is a slow chime for 5 seconds.
I have confirmed the Door Ajar light and chime are functioning.

The battery is just over a year old and is always connected to a maintenance charger when the vehicle is not being used. The vehicle is only used for short trips. Hence the low mileage.

This constant chime is starting, no is, driving me crazy. Any clues would be helpful.