Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

folding mirror fault

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Default folding mirror fault

hi guys , new to these forums , I have a grand voyager 2001 , one of my mirrors do not fold it when I activate the switch , what is the cause of this and can these be repaired

Old 04-06-2015, 02:38 PM

Just a quicky. Have you tried folding it manually then trying the switch. It might be confused.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:13 PM

This and electric sliding doors issue seem very common issues with our cars. How could Chrysler get this so wrong

Old 04-07-2015, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Just a quicky. Have you tried folding it manually then trying the switch. It might be confused.
no mate I will try that later , also as the other chap mentioned the sliding doors , I have a problem with just one of mine , when it opens it stops half way , it closes fine , I have googled it and found there could be a broken wire , I was thinking of changing all the wires , but I don't surpose anyone knows which wire in the harness is the one that powers the motor to open the door

Old 04-07-2015, 07:07 AM

You don't need to change any wires in the door loom, look in youtube for sliding door repair. It's almost always a broken wire where it folds and unfolds in the same place repeatedly, ten minute repair.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
You don't need to change any wires in the door loom, look in youtube for sliding door repair. It's almost always a broken wire where it folds and unfolds in the same place repeatedly, ten minute repair.
right update guys , tried the mirror and still wont work , I folded it in but it wont go out itself , the door problem I changed all the wires but still the same , it seems to go slow compared the other one aswell then stop

Old 04-09-2015, 02:48 AM
tfb

the slowness would seem to indicate motor or excessive load on the motor. Try measuring the current drawn by the motors on either side.

Regards
Richard

Old 04-09-2015, 02:58 AM

I agree with Richard about the excessive load. Check that's a it's probably the most likely thing, but also spray the runners with some grease to give it a helping hand and hopefully smooth out the operation. Other thing that is quite common on the window regulators are the carbon brushes wearing down so this might be the same for the door motors?

Old 04-09-2015, 03:45 AM

Don't overlook the runner on the bottom of the rear side window glass when you're applying lubricant. This seems to benefit the most from lubrication. I use Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly on my GV.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:59 AM

i think i have done it now lads , I took the whole loom out and changed every wire from end to end , I will spray lube over all the runners later aswell and se how it goes

Quick Reply: folding mirror fault