Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 03:02 AM
Default Folding Mirrors

Hi Been redirected from the Newbe pen to here to ask a few questions!!

Chrysler Voyager 2.5 Denzil Diesel Manual

The Switch on the Steering Column to fold the mirrors has two wires, is it a simple on off switch? as mine is missing and the price of a replacement is a little high. If its just on/off a simple 50p rocker switch will do

Also have issues with the O/S drivers door window mechanism, have ordered a complete new mechanism including the motor will tackle that later, and the same side sliding door is intermittent, will look for broken wires, other than that its pretty sound and good for what I paid, its UK spec and we have imported it to France, still have the handbrake shoes to change, as no handbrake at all at present

Old 04-04-2015, 03:17 AM

If there are only two wires to a switch, it has to be a simple single-pole single throw switch*. Yes, you are right, a cheap rocker switch will work ok. (This doesn't mean the foldback mirrors are working, but you can test this by shorting the two switch connectors together).

Leedsman.
*There are variants such as OFF-MOM switches, soft-touch etc., but that need not concern you here.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leedsman
If there are only two wires to a switch, it has to be a simple single-pole single throw switch*. Yes, you are right, a cheap rocker switch will work ok. (This doesn't mean the foldback mirrors are working, but you can test this by shorting the two switch connectors together).

Leedsman.
*There are variants such as OFF-MOM switches, soft-touch etc., but that need not concern you here.

Thank you, I hoped that was the case, as it obviously opperstes a relay there will be little load, happy Bunny its a cheap bit LOL

Old 04-05-2015, 04:59 AM

Hi there,

The intermittent nature of the passenger wing mirror seems to be a common one. I had that on my old GV and I took the whole wing mirror assembly apart as I assumed it was a motor problem, but it didn't appear to be the case so I suspect this is another bug in the BCM (Body Control Module, i.e. computer system) so before you replace, etc, I'd do some basic checks.

Also on the handbrake thing, I had an odd issue (again with old GV that I no longer have) where the handbrake would pull up about 8 clicks then clunk and completely free all the way up/back to it's extreme. Checking it, it wasn't the brakes themselves (although they were all ceased up and needed sorting) but the handbrake component itself, take the casing off it and have a look, the spring and restraining metal square had worn away so it would slip past the upper limit. I fixed it by adjusting the spring and then welding on a new small square of metal to put the correct upper limit in place.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Old 04-05-2015, 05:07 AM

Good morning from a not so sunny France!! thank you for your advice, I have just spent an hour removing the Mirror stripping it to the motor and found the Electronic bits at fault, the actual motor works but it is the electric components that sit in the casing on top of the motor that have failed, but by the wear on the gearing its time for new, shame you just cant buy the motor assembly.

As for the hand brake; good pointer, am waiting for the shoes and springs to turn up before stripping, thought I would try to keep it on the road till then.