Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front defroster automatically comes on in my Town and Country ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 10:35 AM
Default Front defroster automatically comes on in my Town and Country ...

Hello and thanks in advance to whoever responds here. Just got a new used 2014 Chrysler Town and Country a few days ago. The car runs fine, but a problem I've noticed is that when I turn the air conditioning unit on, the front defroster automatically comes on. I cannot turn it off by pressing the button. For me to be able to turn the front defroster off, I have to press another button, like the "auto" button. Is this a defect? Or is it a matter of "defrost mode" being on? It doesn't seem to me that the front defroster ought to be coming on every time I turn on the air conditioning unit. When I try pressing the recirculation button, its light blinks a few times. I looked in the owner's manual. It says that it means "defrost mode" is on. When I turn off the front defroster, I am able to have the recirculation work fine. Other than this one issue, the car runs fine and appears to have been maintained properly. Is this a problem I should be worried about, or is it a simple matter of resetting the climate controls? Is there a button combination or something I need to follow to reset the climate controls (if necessary), or do I need to take it in for a repair? I already have an appointment scheduled in the near future, but if I can get some guidance here before the appointment, that'd be great. Thanks again.