Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

fuel pump number

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Default fuel pump number

hi guys i have been having a bit of trouble lartely with starting and low down power on my 2001 grand vayager 2.5crd , i cleaned the tank out friday and changed the fuel filter , the filter was black and the fuel was dirty , the car had been standing for over a year when i purchased it , we tested the fuekl preasure and it seemed low also we noticed i few tiny pieces of steal i9n the tank , i am thinking of getting the pump reconditioned , does anyone know the part number and what is the cost to get this done if anyone has had it done in the uk

Old 03-15-2016, 05:50 AM

e-bay offers replacement / reconditioned fuel pumps £ 550 and then £120 back for your old one.
Be careful on part nos............
Lots of places say will fit 2.5 / 2.8 ( I am not so sure ).

Old 03-15-2016, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigyellowcroc
e-bay offers replacement / reconditioned fuel pumps £ 550 and then £120 back for your old one.
Be careful on part nos............
Lots of places say will fit 2.5 / 2.8 ( I am not so sure ).
cheers budy

Old 03-15-2016, 04:41 PM

May I add here you mention poor starting and low power. Good idea to change filter and clean out tank. Now we don't want this issue of air getting in fuel filter which causes poor starting that you had. Now this low power could involve other things. Does your engine cut out when powering or just low power.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:06 PM

thanks for your help budy , now i have cleaned out the tank and new filter it seems to run smother [ clean fuel ] but when i start it from cold after standing for a day or so , i still get a slight misfire and a small cloud of smoke , i have been told that the fuel could be running back , i done a leak off test last week again from cold , number one cylinder started to rise up the pipe as soon as i started the engine it took around 5 seconds for the other 3 to start climbing , after 4 seconds number 1had a little more in then the other 3, if the fuel is running back what would this be , could this be the pump , also it does run smoother , but i still do not have full power from a stand still , i am going to do another leak off test this weekend as advised , from warm to see if number 1 still climbs before the rest if it does the injector is at fault

Attached Thumbnails fuel pump number-100_2327.jpg  

Last edited by shaky; 03-16-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:42 PM

Well that's a tell tale if one is leaking more than the other. Poor starting is accrued to not getting pressure up in the rail quickly when cranking due to leak offs. So looks like a replacement injector required or get the four overhauled. Fuel running back on here may be air leak in fuel filter casing where wires enter, slack bowl or bad seal.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:13 PM

i had the 4 injectors reconditioned when i brought the car last year budy , but it as not run right since , a couple of months after i had them done i took them back , they said one was at fault so they gave me another one , but it still is not right , i am trying to check everything else before i go down that route again , thats why i took the fuel tank off friday and cleaned it all out , i changed the filter and all the leak off pipes from the injectors down to the pump

Old 03-22-2016, 12:36 PM

i could do with a wireing diagram for the lift pump etc if anyone has it , to make sure i have power there

Old 03-22-2016, 06:11 PM

tfb has wiring specs, I'm sure he will link you.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
tfb has wiring specs, I'm sure he will link you.
cheers budy

Quick Reply: fuel pump number