Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Fuse Panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Default Fuse Panel

2001 T&C Limited.
Is the fuse panel under the hood the only fuse location? Owners manual doesn't say anything about fuses.

I tried to check the fuse and realy for the rear washer and wiper, mainly because they don't work, and all I could find was a fuse for it but no relay. Any clues?

Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Fuse Panel

There are two fuse panels on the van. The first is in the engine compartment, while the second is behind the panel on the drivers side, lower part of the dash, between the door and the steering column, just below the parking brake. I don't know where the relay is located, sorry.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM

can't find on my van too, only under the hood too.
find any other alaskanjr?

Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

01 MINI VAN ONLY HAS ONE UNDER THE HOOD WHAT ARE U LOOKING FOR?

Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM
moe

there is a tsb for a flash to the bcm for rear wiper inop.heres the number 08-003-01.try disconnecting battery for 2 mins and retry wipers after reconnecting battery.might work but you'll still need update to bcm.moe

Old 02-29-2008, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: moe

there is a tsb for a flash to the bcm for rear wiper inop.heres the number 08-003-01.try disconnecting battery for 2 mins and retry wipers after reconnecting battery.might work but you'll still need update to bcm.moe
there is a tsb for a flash to the bcm for rear wiper inop?????? TSB/BCM/INOP??? Acronyms confuse me.
What do you mean by update BCM

Thanks

Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 PM

TSB means Technical Service Bulletin-- a document put out by Chrysler that describes common problems and gives a fix.

BCM means the Body Control Module-- this is the computer module that controls many things on the van, including the wipers. Updating it would mean erasing its current software and reprogramming it with new software provided by Chrysler. This is otherwise known as a "flash update" because you are reprogramming the "flash memory" in the module and is something that can only be done by a shop with a DRBIII scan tool (all dealers, some independents will have this tool and some crazy DIYers like me [sm=icon_rock.gif]).

They'll usually charge about an hour's labor for a flash update.

By the way, are you on explorerforum too?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM

No... I had an explorer once and I might have joined... Why?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:09 PM

I remember an AlaskanJack from another forum-- I think it was that one. Your screen name is similar.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Nope sorry wrong guy.. mine is AlaskanJK because I drive a JK wrangler.

The back windshield wiper is now WORKING!!!! All I had to do was take off the battery cable for a few minutes and walla!! Forgot all about the trick.

Also ran my vin on the Chrysler Website and I have no outstanding recalls....

Thanks guys for all your help.

Quick Reply: Fuse Panel