Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   got tranny but still dont work (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/got-tranny-but-still-dont-work-10595/)

shawnsdad 02-14-2010 10:49 AM

cool thanks.... im just trying to figure out this trans.... not to start a fight

rbinms33 02-14-2010 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by shawnsdad (Post 34411)
I asked the rebuilder about the 2-4 accumulator piston and he had no idea what I was talking about. he is just grasping at straws.

When you said the guy rebuilt your transmission, I assumed he would have checked/replaced the 2-4 accumulator piston. I bet 22chrysler thought this too. However, based on what you said above about the rebuild guy not knowing what the 2-4 accumulator piston was, I would STRONGLY suspect it.

Now then, you may take the valve body down, pull the piston out and everything look good. But if it was mine it would be the first thing I looked at given all your other symptoms, especially if your transmission is between those numbers from that Tech Service Bulletin.

With all that said, I'm not a professional Chrysler mechanic with umpteen years of experience. I'm just a very mechanically inclined shadetree automotive mechanic that knows how to read a scanner and can follow a troubleshooting flowchart.

Best of luck to you.

shawnsdad 02-14-2010 01:57 PM

ya im going to try to get it down tonight. a few cars to get out of the garage first......thanks for the help

mrfixit454 02-14-2010 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by shawnsdad (Post 34756)
ya im going to try to get it down tonight. a few cars to get out of the garage first......thanks for the help

I just love playing musical cars ;) good luck.

shawnsdad 02-14-2010 10:55 PM

lol not my cars.. customers cars.. well at 11:00 Im done for the day. garage empty. van tomarrow..

shawnsdad 02-15-2010 10:46 AM

ok got it down and the o-ring was there.. crap. took off the plate and holy $hit the plastic piston exploded. lots of parts!!!! I wish I knew how to post pics. you wouldnt beleve it. so know to put back together and see what happens. another question. with the piston exploded should I be looking for plastic parts any where else? or run it and do a fluid change in a couple weeks? thanks to all for the help. I will keep you informed.... thanks again

shawnsdad 02-15-2010 01:46 PM

well we are back together and shifts smooth!!!!! through all the gears... so that was it. we are good. thanks again

mrfixit454 02-15-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by shawnsdad (Post 34808)
well we are back together and shifts smooth!!!!! through all the gears... so that was it. we are good. thanks again

Wait.. so just taking it apart and putting it back together fixed it? No new parts?

Glad it is running again.

shawnsdad 02-15-2010 05:10 PM

new 2/4 acc. piston!!!!! 25.00 for the new parts

mrfixit454 02-16-2010 02:17 AM

Sorry, should have read back a little. This post was definitely interesting ;) Glad its all fixed now. Happy motoring!