Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Voyager Diesel Heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Default Grand Voyager Diesel Heater

Hi guys,

I have an issue with the diesel heater on my 2002 Grand Voyager 2.5crd.

I haven't even started the car since Sunday but last night the diesel heater was running and won't shut down

I was concerned the first time I heard it as I didn't know it had one but soon worked out it was functioning normally.

This time I am sure that something is wrong. Why would the heater kick in and not shut down when the car hasn't been used for two days?

I have had to disconnect the battery at the moment. Is there a seperate fuse for the diesel heater as I can't find it?

Andy

Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 AM

I spent a long time understanding & fixing my aux heater on my voyager.. are you talking about the diesel heater (ie fuel heater) in the filter or the aux cabin heater, ie the one that warms the water to the engine ?

If so that should ony run when the engine is started, the heater controls set to hot & the water temperature less than 66 degrees C. It's normal that it continues to run for a few minutes after you switch off the engine, but it shouldnt start on it's own..

Mat

Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 AM

Hi Mat.

the auxilliary heater on my 2002 2.5CRD is not working. I know it is a Webasto, and have tried to "unlock" the sytem by pulling the electrical supply whilst the engine was running. Is there a dedicated fuse or relay?

Neil

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Hi there... when you say not working.... do you have any error codes ?

there is a specific fuse & connector for the power and start signal.. On mine it turned out to be a broken wire between the engine management computer & the heater, basically the start signal. So actually there was nothing wrong with the heater, it just wasn't being told to start..

The heater should only kick in when you start the engine, the heater controls in the car are set to hot & the engine water temp is below 60C.. in any case I have the chrysler shop manual which has the electrical schematic info and all the details. If you email me matgriffiths@gmail.com I'll send the pages to you in pdf format

Mat