Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headphones

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Default Headphones

I have a 05 T&C that I removed the original radio and single disc dvd and replaced them with a RB1 radio and 6 disc dvd. I have both the IR and RF style headphones and corresponding remotes but can't get either set to work. The headphone icon appears on the radio but with no sound at the headphones. Could it be the screen? Did they install screens with no headphone capability? The dealer is clueless!

Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Default RE: Headphones

The questions becomes.. what was the original single disk.. IR or RF? What is the 6 disk now, IR or RF. I have only used the IR systems in my Pacifica and T&C. One problem I had in trouble shooting the IR systsm is you have to be sitting in the middle row or back seat, not the front seats. Not sure if it is true for the Rf system. for the IR headphones, do you see the red light come on when you turn the headphones on? I am not sure if the wiring harness from DVD to screen is the same for RF and IR. On second thought.. I think they are different. Loof for the harnesses that MrCd1 on ebay sells. I am pretty sure the RF harness is different than IR. The RF harness is 1/2 the cost of the IR harness. The IR one uses a few more wires I believe. My guess is if the system was RF to begin w/ and now is IR, you might not get any sound for the headphones.

Have you tried putting the single disk changer back in to see if it works w/ the RB1?

Note... if you are going from RF to IR, you will also have to change the screen because the IR emitter is attached to the screen... or... you could just swap out the DVD changer for the RF one.. this is why I origianlly asked what the original system configuration was and what the new system is.

Fixit