Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heating actuators stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Post Heating actuators stuck?

Right at the back of the passenger foot-well the heating vent constantly blows cold air regardless of the settings on the heater controls. The rest of the cars vents produce warm/hot air so I'm thinking from what I've read maybe one of the actuators on the pipes are stuck? The only time it doesn't blow cold is when it blows nothing at all when you activate the recirculate air button.

Would appreciate any help/direction to fixing this problem, start at the very beginning as to how best to find the exact cause. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:12 AM

Should have said I have a 2006 Voyager Grand (Right hand drive).

Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 AM
tfb

This shows the locations of the actuators, you can try manually moving it and seeing what happens.

Also compare the voltages to it with the values on the driver side actuator.

Regards

Richard

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by tfb

This shows the locations of the actuators, you can try manually moving it and seeing what happens.

Also compare the voltages to it with the values on the driver side actuator.

Regards

Richard
Wow, thats great information thanks.
I just need to visualise where the cutaway in the pic is from and breakout the multimeter. I dont surpose you have a photo that matches up loosly to the diagram?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM
tfb

It gave me a headache trying to visualise too!.

Judging by the bit of the clutch pedal in the view, I would guess that you need to get the trim off of the centre console by your left shin (when sitting in the driving seat). On an old rear wheel drive I'd call it the transmission tunnel.

Regards

Richard

Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM

Dealer looked over the car today and said the heater was fine but I was missing the pollen filter on the passengers side. £40 + £10 fitting, now I'm wondering how hard it would be to fit if I got one from scrap yard.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM

Are you missing the paper pollen filter or the cover at the bottom of the housing that holds the paper filter in? My cover has a habit of falling off if it gets kicked. If the cover was missing I would imagine the heater effectiveness would be poor all round.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM

I believe the cover, and yes now you says it the heater is rubbish and the aux heater is on a lot.

So the cover just clips on/off? easy job to attach if I get a second hand one?

Last edited by F3Speech; 01-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 AM

The cover is about 8" long x 11/2" wide. Its underneath the dash in the passenger footwell at a slight angle to the front/rear of the car. Its a little awkward the first time you do it, but after that changing the pollen filter takes less than a minute. If the covers missing I would imagine a lot of the blown air will escape giving low volume of air to the rest of the vents. I dont think its gone through the heater matrix at this point, in which case the escaping air would be cold.

Slightly separate issue, your aux heater will be on a lot in this cold weather if you are doing town driving. Mine takes about 10 miles of 40 mph driving to turn off in this weather. Your temperature gauge should be close to the 1/2 way mark when your engine is warmed up. The thermostats on these engines have a reputation for sticking open, stopping the engine from warming up properly.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM

I've been quoted £25 including delivery for the pollen cover but told I'd be best getting the filter new. I'm looking at BLUE PRINT cabin filter CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER pollen filter ADA102511 | eBay and wondering how I check the part number without having one to compare? There compatibility listing starts at 2007 and my car is 2006 :/

Is there any difference beween 2006 and 2007 2.8CDR models?

Quick Reply: Heating actuators stuck?